Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLACK SCREEN after updating yesterday (sound only)

So... I updated yesterday (it failed the first time) when it came back on, it wouldn't open YouTube then started buffering on Netflix when selected ... then the screen went black. No previous issues with it sooo... can anyone help?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BLACK SCREEN after updating yesterday (sound only)

Hi @matt_mosley2006,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having playback issues with Netflix and YouTube on your Roku, and we want to investigate further to address the issue properly.

• Is this happening only to Netflix and Youtube? If not, kindly specify the affected channels.
  • Is your Roku device currently connected to the internet? If so, we suggest Restarting your Router.
  • What is your current Software Version? Check it under Settings > System > About.
  • Can you provide us with a Video of the screen showing the issue you're experiencing?

In the meantime, you can try these suggested troubleshooting steps for the affected channels:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

For more detailed information on how to solve a playback issue, you can visit here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted about any developments regarding your concern.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lparga

Re: BLACK SCREEN after updating yesterday (sound only)

I did a factory reset on the back I plugged it in ..nothing ..used another power source... nothing...how is it so many people having this issue? I googled this..it's a thing for this to happen...why? N how do we fix it?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.