Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliqueofone
Reel Rookie

Are There Any Streaming Sticks That Will Not Be Upgraded To Version 12.0?

I have a Model 3810CA Streaming Sick, that had already been upgraded to at least one version of 12, and was just upgraded to build 4184-50.  

I also have two Model 3810X Streaming Sticks, that have not been upgraded to version 12, and are still running 11.5.0 - build 4312-50.

Will the two Model 3810X Streaming Sticks ever be upgraded to Version 12? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are There Any Streaming Sticks That Will Not Be Upgraded To Version 12.0?

When it comes to Roku model numbers, you can generally ignore the letter(s) that come after the numbers.  Yes, all 3810 models will get v12, but only Roku knows their method of how/when updates get rolled out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @cliqueofone 
Welcome to the Roku Community 
Roku OS 12 has been announced and is rolling out to all supported Roku devices and Roku TVs over the upcoming weeks. Not all devices have received the latest update. You can check by going to Home> Settings> System> Software update> Check now

Your device will update automatically once the new version is available. 

Read the Roku OS 12 release notes here. (Roku OS software release notes
Warm Regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cliqueofone
Reel Rookie

Roku OS 12 has been announced and is rolling out to all supported Roku devices and Roku TVs over the upcoming weeks.

Question: When was the announcement made?

Question: How long is the, "upcoming weeks"?

Not all devices have received the latest update.

Question: Why would a Streaming Stick of a certain model receive at least two version 12 updates, while two Streaming Sticks of the same model, not update to version 12 at all?

Read the Roku OS 12 release notes here. (Roku OS software release notes) https://support.roku.com/article/228844467.

Question: Where on this page, https://support.roku.com/en-ca/, that the above link takes me to, are the Roku OS 12 release notes?

0 Kudos
cliqueofone
Reel Rookie

No more than five minutes after my last post, I tried again to upgrade one of the Model 3810X Streaming Sticks, and version 12 was now available to download and install. 

As that stick was being upgraded, I tried the other Model 3810X Streaming Stick, and again version 12 was now available to download and install. 

I’m now running version 12.0.0, build 4184-50, on both Model 3810X Streaming Sticks.

0 Kudos