Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyrx
Reel Rookie

Airplay no longer connects to Roku TV [OS 13.1.4]

Hi. I've been having issues connecting Airplay to my Roku TV. It keeps coming up as 'unable to connect' on my iPhone. Honestly, I didn't have an issue using Airplay in the past with this TV so I'm curious as to why it's no longer connecting now.

Model: G879X - Roku TV

s/n: X01200CLURES

Software version: 13.1.4 • build 1512-CT

Device ID: S12G333LURES

Tracker ID: ES-341-283

iPhone 13 

iOS version: 17.6.1 (just updated last night from version 17.3.1)

In my TV settings it does show Apple Airplay and HomeKit which is turned on, I also made sure Fast TV Start is also turned on.

So the things that I have tried are... restarting the TV, restarting my router, Network connection reset.. all still nothing.. I am able to connect airplay to other devices just not this TV specifically.  

The only thing I didn't do was completely factory reset the Roku. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay no longer connects to Roku TV [OS 13.1.4]

Hi @nyrx,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
nyrx
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuJohnB,

Thanks for passing this along to your team! Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon!

Thanks,

nyrx

nyrx
Reel Rookie

Hey Again! @RokuJohnB

I also wanted to mention that my PC (Windows 11) also cannot connect to the Roku TV. When attempting to connect via screen mirroring, I receive the same error as I do when trying to connect my apple products using airplay or screen mirroring. Unfortunately, I assume this may be a software issue with Roku making these devices incompatible with the TV.

Thanks,

Nyrx

David12345

I have the same issue. I have a new GoPro Hero 12 and I was able to see it on my screen using AirPlay one time and then the next day AirPlay is gone. I have multiple Roku devices and they all have updated their software to 13.1.4. None of them are offering AirPlay

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @David12345,

Thanks for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble finding your Airplay since it was gone. Help is here. Please try to restart your Roku TV by following the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.