Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mholton

Airplay connection issues

Jump to solution

I have literally done all the things, I’m at a loss how to get my iPad or IPhone to airplay. I have a roku ultra, a year old, did an update check, fully updated. Updated my iPad, all set. Click mirror devices, click my Roku then it says unable to connect. At a loss and getting frustrated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay connection issues

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mholton.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about the unexpected behavior you encountered with Airplay that didn't work with your Roku Ultra. We'd like to take a closer look at the problem you're currently running into.

Firstly, we appreciate you going the extra mile to resolve this issue. To help us investigate further, will you please provide the following details below?

• When did this issue first occur?
  • Did you recently receive any software updates that might trigger this issue? If so, can you provide the latest software version of your Roku Ultra? 
  • Have you tried checking if your devices are connected to the same network? 
  • Did you try checking if Airplay is enabled on your Roku Ultra? If unsure, you may go to  Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.
  • A photo of an error message you encounter will also help us investigate more.

In the meantime, try rebooting your Router. Fluctuations on the internet may hinder your Roku and iOS devices from communicating and will prevent them from connecting. Try this to see if it makes any difference.

For more troubleshooting, kindly visit this support article on how to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay connection issues

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mholton.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about the unexpected behavior you encountered with Airplay that didn't work with your Roku Ultra. We'd like to take a closer look at the problem you're currently running into.

Firstly, we appreciate you going the extra mile to resolve this issue. To help us investigate further, will you please provide the following details below?

• When did this issue first occur?
  • Did you recently receive any software updates that might trigger this issue? If so, can you provide the latest software version of your Roku Ultra? 
  • Have you tried checking if your devices are connected to the same network? 
  • Did you try checking if Airplay is enabled on your Roku Ultra? If unsure, you may go to  Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.
  • A photo of an error message you encounter will also help us investigate more.

In the meantime, try rebooting your Router. Fluctuations on the internet may hinder your Roku and iOS devices from communicating and will prevent them from connecting. Try this to see if it makes any difference.

For more troubleshooting, kindly visit this support article on how to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.