Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHumanTower
Reel Rookie

Ads on a $1000+ TCL Roku TV

When I spend over $1000 on a TV, the last thing I want to see is ads. I can get over the little non intrusive ads in the corner. I can’t get over the BS that keeps getting added to MY Home Screen every few weeks, that I then have to go out of my way to disable. This will be the last Roku TV I ever buy. Luckily TCL started using a Google platform (good decision on their part). I like TCL TV’s, but have grown to absolutely HATE Roku. What a shame. I have owned Roku devices for years, and Roku has just gone downhill in the last couple.

It’s not like I am one person who is upset. There is a whole community who is openly upset. Does Roku care? Evidently not. They will when they are out of a job because people stop using their product.

If you want to put that garbage on the cheap little Roku sticks and boxes, I don’t care. When you put it on $1000+ TVs, you are just going to piss off the people who actually spend the money.

Do better.

Labels (3)
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.