Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimsz
Streaming Star

12.5 update - where are promised options?

My devices (6) all received the 12.5 update, WHERE ARE THE PROMISED OPTIONS?  Turn off continue watching? 3 icon row?

Roku is playing it's users. This is ridiculous having these changes forced on users. 2 of my devices are small screen TVs and Roku is terrible to use with these forced updates. I'm sick of this from roku.

Time to look at Apple TVs and the One player at Walmart.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 12.5 update - where are promised options?

Roku doesn't do anything quickly.  If they say something will be in 12.5 publicly, then I'm sure it will be.  There will be many more 12.5 builds before 13.0 comes out and I have no doubt that eventually the options will be there, but don't expect them tomorrow.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: 12.5 update - where are promised options?

I’ve had 12.5 for a long time and have never seen continue watching or 4 icons per row.  (Or options that would control them.)  Those who see these things seem to be randomly selected.  So, the fact that you have 6 that got this experiment suggests that they choose experimental lab mice via accounts rather than individual rokus.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos