Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armataz
Channel Surfer

why no 1080p for small rooms w/RCA input

I am looking for a smaller ROKU TV with 1080 P or 4K, because I have a limited space in which to put it.

I also have an RCA switch board  because I have video  game consoles that do not use HDMI.

my issue is, everything I'm finding now is 720P  and /or no RCA connection.

I would prefer a 24" class (under 30"). because of space limitations,

does any one from ROKU  have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: why no 1080p for small rooms w/RCA input

Hi @armataz,

Congratulations on your first post here at the Roku Community!

We're delighted to hear about your interest in our Roku products; that being said, we recommend you browse Roku's online website to search for various Roku TVs and other devices with many of our newest features to offer. Kindly visit this link: Roku, and follow the easy steps below:

• Sign in to your Roku account.
  • Click on Product on the above panel.
  • Look for Roku TV and browse a brand of your choice.
  • Add to cart

Furthermore, you can also visit our partner stores, namely Best Buy, Walmart, and Target, for more options.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to address, and we'd be happy to help.
All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HellBound
Streaming Star

@armataz Many TVs under 32 inches still are 720p. This keeps the cost down and it is very hard to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p on small screens. Also, the human eye cannot see the difference between 1080p and 720p if you are 10 or more feet away from the screen.

RCA is an outdated technology and the demand for those ports has fallen. It won't get any better. I have a NES and Super NES that both connect over RCA. I bought the NES and Super NES mini's Nintendo sold a few years ago because they connect sound and video over HDMI. You can get RCA to HDMI converters on Amazon for around $10.

0 Kudos
armataz
Channel Surfer

you must not have understood my post, as you are directing me to where I have all ready looked and did not find what I was looking for.

hence my question title why is there  no smaller roku TV's that are 1080 P.

I could use a lap top but that is limited. having to use a TV and a roku device uses multiple outlets. so I would have to unplug something else every time I want to use it, or play a game.

my other choice is to unplug my computer/wi fi. or add another plug in strip, and risk overload.

0 Kudos
armataz
Channel Surfer

the 1080 P has better speakers and sound,

0 Kudos
armataz
Channel Surfer

are the RCA to HDMI relatively new? (with in the last 4 years or so) when Iwas buying  my current 720 P TV, I was trying to find converters, and I was told that there was none available.. that is why I am currently using a RCA switchboard.

0 Kudos
armataz
Channel Surfer

currently in use through my switchboard, Super NES, PS1, sega, 32X, CD, saturn and Xbox.

0 Kudos