Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Roku soundbar and remote were not working and after 30 seconds the line went dead.

My first two calls resulted in the agent disconnecting the call after 15 seconds.

The third call the agent said the Roku computers were not responding and would it be OK to call me back in 15 minutes, then she said 30 minutes. I said OK. Two hours later I never got a call back. 

The fourth call I asked for a manager and was asked to wait while a manager was contacted. 20 minutes later the call was disconnected.

The fifth call I explained in detail how the Roku soundbar and remote were not working and after 30 seconds the line went dead.

Roku tech support is a disaster for me. The website provides no options and declares that none of my services include agent support. 

It appears that Roku has bitten off more than it can chew. I speak six languages and appreciate Roku hiring non-native speakers but even though I struggle sometimes to understand them, they do not appear capable of resolving my issues which appear to be standard issues from my perspective.

What to do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Calling Roku tech support is a disaster, 5 calls, 3 hangups, 2 long waits and dropped call

Hi @drkirkwilson,

We regret to hear about this and thanks for sharing your report here in the Roku Community!

I've made some reviews and it seems like you've done a couple of troubleshooting to resolve this.

We suggest performing a factory reset on the device itself and see if you're able to get it up and working.

For detailed instructions, you can visit our support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If this doesn't help, please report back here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos