Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB28

sound going on and off plus remote will stop working

I have a new internet account with WAVE/Astound and have trouble with the ROKU TV sometimes working fine and other times the sound going off and on by itself.   The light at the bottom of the unit will flicker and the sound circle at the top right comes on by itself and shows mute.  I had Astound come out and the tech checked the modem and added "5" in addition to "2.4" and said that smart TV's sometimes like "5" better.  The ROKU was working fine when he was here so he said he couldn't problem solve.  2 hours after he left it started acting up again. My other devices are working fine.   My Roku TV worked fine at the same address under the old internet account and modem with WAVE/Astound.  

When the sound goes off the remote will sometimes not work.  It will work fine when the sound is working.  I got new batteries for the remote and that is not the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.