Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hevnbown
Reel Rookie

out of the blue, Paramount+ not working

Jump to solution

Out of the blue, my paid subscription "Paramount+ & Showtime" won't play any video, nothing. I select a video like "Frasier" or any other video and the little line showing it loading goes to about the 1/3 mark & then it says "error has occurred. I unpowered my roku box, unplugged & disconnected my CAT6 wire, reconnect, signed out& signed back in. I can watch other playback videos on other channels with no problem, but Paramount+ w Showtime has stopped working. Can anyone help me with this problem? THX 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: out of the blue, Paramount+ not working

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting, and sharing this concern to us.

We see that there might have been an error with the Paramount+ channel. Let's troubleshoot this issue by following the steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel"
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
bzcam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Paramount+ will not play shows on my two oldest Rokus (Premiere and Premiere+) but works on the newest one (Streaming Stick+).  Any solutions?

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There was a Paramount+ app update recently. It seems to be having problems with older hardware.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Should add that Roku is not responsible for updates. It's up to CBS Interactive to fix the Paramount+ app and send it to Roku for distribution.

0 Kudos
HowardGinDC
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Had this problem last night and called Paramount+. Their agent said the glitch is on their side (not Roku's) and that they are working on it. They assigned me a case number. You can Contact Paramount  at 1-888-274-5343 or https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us.

Rph2

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem my Paramount+ won't stream channels that it was streaming just a week ago I get an error message unfortunately an error occurred during playback please try again well I've tried and left tried all my other streaming services work perfectly I have a great signal tried shutting down the system drop tried everything

dwoom65
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting the information.  Having the same problem with my old Roku streaming stick.  My newer 4K Roku streaming stick is working with Paramount + right now.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting, and sharing this concern to us.

We see that there might have been an error with the Paramount+ channel. Let's troubleshoot this issue by following the steps below.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel"
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lgutix
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Uuugh. Same here. It started with the Oscar-caliber movie "Good Burger 2" but then an "update"happened and now it's more movies. I try to play and the bar loads 1/3 of the way and the message "unable to play" comes up. Roku support had me hanging from the chandelier and reciting three Hail Mary's to see if that worked but nothing helped. Paramount Peepee didn't answer my email about this.

TimC140
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem a few nights ago. I deleted the app and reloaded it, working fine now. 

0 Kudos