Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, my Sharp Roku TV just died on me last week around Mother’s Day 2022. The red light is no longer lit and I’ve tried trouble shooting it by unplugging it and also changed it to a different outlet and nothing worked. Called customer service and they said that theres nothing they can do because it’s out of warranty. I bought this tv in 2019 and now I have to replace a brand new looking tv that’s in excellent condition (from the outside). I expected more from Sharp and they totally let me down. Not sure I will by a Sharp or Hisense tv again. 

Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

That sucks. I know so many people who have had problems with their ROKU TV's. It's a POS **bleep** product and I'll NEVER recommend them. Sorry but I'm beyond pissed over this. My 58' ROKU had only been out of the box a few months and the only solution was to buy another new tv. 😤 I recommend SONY, I'll never stray again. 

0 Kudos
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

That's bullsh*t! The same thing happened to me.

0 Kudos
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Your tv is never goingto turn back on. I had to go buy ANOTHER new tv. Roku tv's are trash. I highly recommend Sony.

0 Kudos
Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Re: my sharp tv is dead after 13 months of barely use.

Jump to solution

No. They don't fix them and they won't do anything to make it right. Customer service sucks - probably because they're overwhelmed with complaints!

0 Kudos
Jnp11216

Jump to solution

The exact same thing just happened to me with a Hisense Roku TV. 50 something inches…also purchased from Walmart just prior to pandemic (manufacturing date says Dec. 2019). I’ve had it just about 2 years. It’s a bedroom tv and has received light use and handling. Randomly turned off manually one day, now it won’t turn on or do anything at all. So frustrated!

I have been reading across several other forums and there are so many people in this exact predicament. Hisense and Roku need to recall these TVs. Any television should last more than 2 years. I had a cheap tv I got in college that I knocked over like every day, spilled stuff on, and moved with several times that was still working after nearly a decade before I gave it away!! Heck, I even had another Hisense that had really seen some wear and tear and was still working after 5-6 years…until I tripped over it while moving and cracked the screen.

The 1 year warranty on this device feels like a wanton joke. I will be filing as many formal (typed & mailed) complaints as I can. I plan to explore options under my state’s Lemon Law. If the statues don’t fit in this case, it might be time for an addendum.

If I had known that I might be looking at purchasing another television in 2 years time, I would have just shelled out and spent my money on a Sony, instead of wasting it with Hisense.

Ffs, I hope we bought the extended warrantySmiley Happy

Jnp11216

Jump to solution

Nearly a year later…same exact issue. With complaints abound across the internet, both Hisense and Roku should be ashamed…

Carmen2
Binge Watcher

Re: Why won't my Roku TV screen turn on?n

Jump to solution

I agree.

0 Kudos
JLO1970
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

most likely the led backlite strips under the screen

0 Kudos
lynmyke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Actually it's the power board that goes out after almost 2 years.  I don't know why Walmart is still selling this TV!

0 Kudos