Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Why isn't the "Click * to start from the beginning" feature working properly?

On my Roku TV, a real issue I'm having, is that movies on demand, that say in the Guide, "click * to start from the beginning", will start from the beginning anyway, even though I don't click the asterisk!  When that happens, it also cancels out the back feature, so I can't go right back to the channel I was watching, as I may have just wanted to see what else is on, during a commercial. Why do they go back to the beginning, even though I didn't click the asterisk key? Why can't this just work right?

And I'm even seeing it happen now with some TV shows, not just movies, some don't even say anything about starting from the beginning!  And of course, when that happens, we can't use the previous channel button, nor still be in the category of channels we were in when coming across this one. That also is an issue, when searching channels while in Favorites, once we click on one to see what that show is like, it defaults right back to All Channels, and if then click on Favorites, we must begin all over at the top, no matter where we were, a real inconvenience!  Why not stay in the category we are in, and if we wish to go to All Channels, or any other category, we can just click on that, instead of being forced to begin all over again after being moved to the All Channels playlist???

This is especially maddening, now that they've completely re-aligned the channels, so we need to go channel surfing, to try and find those we like watching, since the channel numbers are all different now. Why mess with that?  And if there's categories corresponding to the new numbers, why not MAKE THAT CLEAR?  You could have different colors for each channel category, or even a Master Channel Guide, showing all the channels, & how their grouped, so we can see the bigger picture, instead of having to zoom all over, looking for the channels we're used to watching?

And what makes this issue even worse, is that if while we are watching something, then on a commercial we surf channels, to see what else is on, and happen to hit one where it automatically starts from the beginning, thus canceling the previous channel function, oftentimes, when going to the Recents category, for some ungodly reason, the channels we were just watching ISN'T IN THE LIST!  Which then means having to hunt around for it, just to go back to watching what we were just watching!  Why, why, why, does this kind of stuff happen?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.