Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my TCL TV stuck on red screen?

Jump to solution

Why is my TCL TV stuck on red screen? I tried factory reset button and unplugging everything numerous times with nothing working tv isn't 7 months old....WILL NEVER BUY A TCL OR A ROKU TV EVER AGAIN...WHAT A WASTE.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is my TCL TV stuck on red screen?

Jump to solution

@Roll256Tide

Thanks for the post.

If the only thing you are seeing on your Roku TV is a red screen and are still not able to change the screen even after factory resetting the TV, it may appear that you are running into a hardware issue.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Additional community topics that you might find helpful:

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
B_Demattio

Roku TV stuck on red start up screen

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV I haven’t even had it for a year, tv worked perfectly fine last night we even rented a movie from roku channel. Went to watch it today & at first when I clicked on Netflix the remote made the nose to confirm I clicked it but it wouldn’t open. It did nothing for at least 2 minutes. Then it told me I wasn’t connected to the internet. I tried to test my connection the first time it kicked me out I tried again it connected to the wireless but wouldn’t connect to the actual internet a screen came up telling me to reset my internet or restart the tv. I know my internet was fine because my phone is connected to my WiFi so I chose to reset the tv. It started to reset then the screen went black the red start up screen then came on & it’s been stuck on that screen for about an hour. I had looked online & saw people mention holding down the reset button by the HDMI ports, I tried that & nothing turned off but came right back to the red screen. I had then saw people saying they needed to unplug any HDMI cords that were plugged into the tv then reset it so I unplugged both of my HDMI cords & held the reset button for 30 seconds & still nothing. It’s just on the red screen. Any idea of how to fix this?? Thank you in advanced! 

Tags (1)
schi1192
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck on red start up screen

Jump to solution

Having the same issue right now.  Stuck at tcl roku 4kHdr start screen

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Keep in mind, the Roku Channel and Netflix are two different things.  If you want to watch something on the Roku Channel, it's generally free unless you watch something from one of the premium subscription channels available from the Roku Channel. If you ware trying to watch something from Netflix, then take it up with Netflix. Roku doesn't own or have any responsibility for Netflix or any other channel that pays Roku to be on the platform. If it is a problem with the TV, then go to settings> system.system reset and see if that solves your problem. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Try going to settings>system>system reset

0 Kudos
schi1192
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged the tv for 30 secs and plugged it back in and turned it on, and it eventually started

0 Kudos
Karl1014

Jump to solution

I can’t do anything. Stuck on red screen. Can’t get to settings or anything else.  I’ve disconnected the power. I’ve held the reset button on the side with a paper clip. When powered back on stays on red screen. 

0 Kudos

Tcl 65in stuck on red screen restart loop

Jump to solution

I have seen similar issues regarding this matter. Lime others I bought this tv almost 2 years ago. I've had no issues with it and only used it lightly. Now all it keeps doing is turning off and on by itself in a loop. It shows the red tcl 4k screen for about 4min then turns off. It repeats this all day if I let it. I have tried holding the power button for 30 sec and nothing. I've tried un plugging and plugging it in after 20min. I've tried the reset button on the side, holding it and pushing it. Both ways just tur ed the TV off and it could tinied the same issue. I have no option to even go to any sort of menu for settings to view my model# or serial#. Whatz wrong with your product. It tells me to never buy a TCL or Roku product again.   

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Tcl 65in stuck on red screen restart loop

Jump to solution

Roku does not make TV's TCL does. Your problem is with them.

I'm sure they have a support line.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Tcl rokutv stuck on red screen off then back to red screen repeatedly

Jump to solution

I'm sorry you've had this experience. It wouldn't hurt to try clearing your cache:

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 1-2 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That seems to fix some problems factory reset doesn't. 

Another thing you could try is factory reset, but tell it you'll setup the network later (but don't). This loads a minimal and seemingly different software (the antenna tv is very different, like it used to be before Roku messed it up). So far, this doesn't seem to fix any of the common problems resulting from Roku's untested updates. Maybe it's not that different. But, it wouldn't hurt to try it. If your tv worked again this way, you could add a $22 Firestick Lite to HDMI to stream that way (Sofabaton F2 remote to control the tv and stick).

Your tv should be under warranty still. That should make more sense. But, having your Roku tv disconnected from the internet protects it from untested updates.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.