Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my Roku TV keep losing sound?

@MartyPA

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue only occur on the Youtube TV channel or does it occur with other channels as well? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, then adding the channel back again to see if the issue persists?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MartyPA
Streaming Star

As I said, it happens with both of my 2020 Roku ultras, not the 2019 ultras.  It only happens when I've paused the video for an extended period of time.  And I can't remove the channel because it doesn't happen on just one channel (app).

And if by channel, you mean the YouTube TV app, yes, I did uninstall and reinstall it.  Didn't help.

0 Kudos
IndyAmy
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem on both my TV's which are vastly different TV's. Different rokus. Etc. Doing a "system restart" doesn't fix anything. 

0 Kudos
dieselguy

My Roku units all do the same.  I have 4 Roku Ultra units and frequently I turn on a unit to find no sound. I have to do  a system restart through the Settings/Power menu in order to restore sound every time. This problem affects audio on ALL streaming sources- Netflix, YouTube TV, Hulu, Disney+, etc.  It also seems that often if not all of the time when I experience this with one Ultra unit, I'll find the same thing on another unit in another room. Given this I have to assume that this is due to some firmware update being done by Roku.

The frequency with which this occurs has been increasing lately, affecting my units several times per week.  I have 400 mbps reliable IPS service, so loss of signal isn't the issue.  This problem is becoming quite frustrating. I'd switch to some other streaming aggregating device if not for the fact that I wish to use an device with an ethernet connection, and there are few if any other options besides Roku Ultra.  What is Roku's answer to this problem?

MartyPA
Streaming Star

I hear that there are ethernet adapters that can be used with some Firesticks.

Here's an example of one, but I'd need to do more research before buying this or another brand:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Ethernet-Adapter-Fire-Devices/dp/B074TC662N/ref=sr_1_1?crid=271MWMQTGR...

So far, for me at least, it hasn't been happening often enouth to replace all of my Ultras, but I will if it gets worse.

0 Kudos
rprgrmr

System reset, yes, but why does it KEEP HAPPENING??? I don't want to restart my Roku every day.

0 Kudos
Sharts

Found solution on youtube.  I tried everything in this post.  None of which worked.  FYI, I have a RCA 55” Roku Tv.

https://youtu.be/ymokXNJPSFc

0 Kudos
pamdstuart

are having the sound cutting out issue so we replaced the two year Roku with a new 4 K ROKU and still have this issue. We have restarted and still this happens. The Samsung TV is only 1 1/2 years old and we don have a sound bar or stereo it uses.We are replacing the HDI cable now to see if this helps.

Roku seems to have an issue they are not fixing.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @pamdstuart

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

Please keep us posted so we can look into this further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos