Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maliska
Streaming Star

Why does Roku hate it's customers?

Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

It's bad enough I have to turn off and hide features I don't want every 6 weeks now you put s*** on my home screen that I can't even turn off you guys just suck a bunch of d**ks

3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does Roku hate it's customers?

Hi @Maliska,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback about this and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll make sure to forward this over to the concerned team for further review.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
LGTrader
Reel Rookie

I completely agree. These new Categories and Browse boxes are slowing down choosing streaming channels and showing adds for products I'm not interested in. Roku remotes are bad enough - very slow, very directional and non-responsive. These new boxes have eliminate me using the up arrow to get to the bottom of my streaming channels and made the TV much less desirable on the home screen.

If this is about Roku collecting advertising dollars from TV customers I can only say my next TV won't be a Roku product.

Roku used to be a really great company making great products in the early days. Today - not so much anymore...

bdrums
Channel Surfer

They (finally) have the option to turn off the Browse and Catagories bars in settings. 
(I was linked to a string of 40+ pages of comments about the same topic I guess enough people threatening to start a Roku bonfire at Wrigley Field finally caught their attention.)