Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t I control volume across all of my Roku devices?

Hello, so I just have a simple question. 
Why is it that I cannot control the volume through the official Roku app across all of my Roku devices?

For clarification, I have 3 separate Roku devices in my home. Two Roku TVs, and a Roku streaming stick. I don’t know what series. The streaming stick is the issue. Now, it came with its own remote, and it controls volume just fine, working intended as a remote should. But the official app seems to be lacking this basic remote functionality. I fail to see how every other command for a remote can work from phone to streaming stick, but volume cannot.

I fail to see why I have to use a third party remote app to control the volume through my phone, when by all means the official app can manage this.

Needless to say, if you cannot implement such a basic function into your app, it leaves me to wonder how adequate your IT service is at managing more important tasks, such as protecting my payment information. I would like to see such a basic function that third party app developers are able to achieve, that somehow fail the people directly responsible for developing your official phone remote app.

Thank you, and have a good day.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why can’t I control volume across all of my Roku devices?

Hi @Mourningstar6,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app since it does not have an option to control the volume. We're happy to assist you further. Volume control for your TV is not available in the Roku mobile app when connected to a Roku player. The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature. (If you have headphones connected to your phone and are using mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this type of playback.) We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

If you need further assistance, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.