Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Re: When will Roku TV firmware 10.0 be released?

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@GuitarMan

Thanks for the information that you have provided.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information becomes available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following:
-did this start occur only after updating your Roku TV to OS 10.0?

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this additional information, we will pass it along.

Thanks,
Danny

No, this was already happening before the 10.0 update.  TCL's support told me that the 10.0 update would fix it but it didn't.  They also told me their Alto 9 soundbar's 2.9 update would also fix it but all that did is break the soundbar in general. 

But like I said, the Netflix app from the TV's Roku interface is the biggest culprit.  With the TV's audio set to Auto, the audio from Netflix is delayed by almost 300ms when using a soundbar connected to the TV through the eARC port (whether it's the TCL Alto or an older Vizio 5.1 soundbar).  But without a soundbar, just using the TV's speakers, it's perfectly in sync. 

0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Re: When will Roku TV firmware 10.0 be released?

Jump to solution

Here's another update.  I ditched the horrible TCL Alto 9+ soundbar and replaced it with an LG SN7R 5.1.2 channel with real up-firing speakers and rear surrounds.  Since then, no black screens or freezes from my Apple TV 4K. 

However, when the TCL Roku TV (65R635) has the audio set to Auto, Netflix is still causing a 250ms to 300ms audio delay.  Prime seems to be OK for the most part.  If I set the TV's audio to Passthrough, the audio sync in Netflix improves. 

One more bit of info, unrelated but I found it interesting.  Compared to the audio from the Apple TV 4K, the Roku TV's audio sounds horrible.   Playing Pandora from the Roku TV's app sounded like a fart in a tin can.  Switched over to the Apple TV 4K and the difference would be noticeable to a deaf person.   The Roku TV is essentially unlistenable compared to the Apple TV 4K.  Roku needs to make some big improvements to their audio and video processing and the ability to sync audio to video across the different apps on the Roku platform. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.