Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHagan
Channel Surfer

When changing volume (up, down or mute) I get an audible confirmation of the change.

There is no way to turn this off.  Many times, I have tried hitting the * 4 times quickly.  But it has no effect.  I have gone into settings and screen reader many times and turned off/on and tested both ways.  I cannot turn off the audible reading of a volume change. 

I have tried this with two remotes and get the same thing; so, it must be in my Roku Express 4k+

Secondly, if I do a factory reset, I assume that I will need to add back all apps.  Will I have to add the credentials for each app as well?  I do not want to take this path; but I will if this is the only way.

Help please.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When changing volume (up, down or mute) I get an audible confirmation of the change.

Hi @TonyHagan,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with turning off your screen reader. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV; specify TV) Please check out this link here on how you can disable the text-to-speech screen reader on your Roku streaming device. If in any case it is still enabled after disabling it in your Roku's settings, please turn off the screen reader on your TV (not referring to the Roku device). It's possible that your TV's audio guide is turned on.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.