Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Go away fool. I didn't read it because Roku's out. So are you. 

0 Kudos
Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku, are you really this ignorant?

Also Roku... I don't go on my TV to browse I go to the internet on my cell or laptop to browse. Like most people I go to my TV to watch a TV program not to browse you **bleep** logos!! 

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Sorry if duplicate can't seem to find first one

From your boss Preston Smalley...

Hi Christeen—

Thanks for writing and sharing your feedback. The changes to the guide you’re seeing is part of a small test we’re running over the next few weeks with a limited number of users. It’s important in deciding to change the experience that we understand the impact at a broader scale with real customers. And we have heard from customers like you that the channel numbers are something they really relied on and that the small logos are not a sufficient replacement.

The intention around removing the channel numbers was to better enable us to personalize the sort order around what channels we think you’d most likely want to watch given the number of channels has grown to over 400. My team is now reviewing all the feedback received and the behavior data to decide on next steps—but hoping you stay in the Roku family and know you’re heard.

Thanks!

Preston

Alan10

Rescan channel and select antenna. Or witch ever you want. That's what I did 

Brion
Channel Surfer

Have channel numbers for antenna TV.

ROKU removed them from the streaming channel menu. 

They need to put them back. 

Docsman
Binge Watcher

@AvsGunnar 

To keep things even clearer, users can Rename the "white" Live TV icon (input) on the Home Screen by going to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename. Here you can choose Antenna TV and a different icon.

That is a great tip! I changed mine today to Antenna/LiveTV which should eliminate any confusion.

BTW, all my devices switched back to the  three wide grid. Despite that, there still isn't a setting for it---nor an announcement---so I'm expecting it to go back to four wide at some point. 

winston3338
Roku Guru

If some of you are asking, do the Roku remotes have anything to do with the channel numbers missing, they don't. Some of us have been at war with Roku over these battery killing remotes for years.

In my post I've just been mixing them up. Most of us never saw this channel numbers missing thing coming. It makes absolutely no sense. I have a older Roku  unit that looks like a flash drive and plugs into the HDMI connector.

It shows the channel numbers but I couldn't remember how to scan for OTA channels, so I unplugged it. I have the serial number but nothing comes up. I also have a square box Roku with a 2 on top of it. I haven't tried it yet. 

Can someone tell teedoff I'm not calling him a jerk off? I
0 Kudos

I was wondering the same thing that the streaming channels suddenly disappeared! Also, the lineup is not sorted like before the last update. Please, please fix this annoying issue. *Also, it would have been nice to have been warned about this change as a long term, multi Roku devices.

Thanks 

Moat
Streaming Star

To Mr. Smalley;

"...  to better enable us to personalize the sort order..."

That is our job - your customers. And we already have the perfectly suitable tools to do so; "Hide this channel" and the "All Channels" and "Favorites" categories. Removing channel numbers has little/nothing to do with "personalizing the sort order" anyhow, other than adding a great deal of dis-order and identification difficulty. Numbers have faithfully served humanity's desire for order for thousands of years - why suddenly nix a perfectly good thing now? Makes less than zero sense. Do not implement this change!

"... what channels we think you’d most likely want to watch..."

Again, "you" have no clue whatsoever what "I" may want to watch, or my/our preferred method of finding it - that's my/our prerogative, not yours - and the method preferred happens to be a specific functionality of RokuOS that I paid good money for in order to utilize. You have no right whatsoever to "enter" my television without my permission and purposely remove/break that paid-for functionality. 

These attempts to "think" for us and thus make things simpler/easier have essentially had the exact opposite effect - 400+ channels or no. Fer chris'sakes - leave it be already!! 🙄 Give your keen devs something far better to do - like simply making the channel guide remember our last selected category, for example.

I agree the removal of the channel numbers on streamed channels following the antenna channels which still display the correct channel numbers, was not a Great Unannounced change and attempting to read the text telling you what channel your on is not visible. You must hunt through what is on currently on to Guess what channel you're on. Plus the amount of channels being discontinued it seems is going up. Unless I just can't find them now. Who Know's,,,, just the Roku Programmers! It would be nice of them to share their knowledge before they start loosing customer base. 

P.s. I just purchased a Roku 55" TV. Not happy with it at All ! A JBL sound bar purchased just weeks before the TV is not compatible with it. When connected via HDMI ARC the volume on the TV changes too much when the volume is controlled by the soundbar remote. Blasting High! NOT COMPATIBLE AT ALL!  I reconnected it via Optical. The Optical has much better sound quality when it should be the HDMI that sounds better . It doesn't.  And I am such a Hugh Roku Supporter I have no idea what I'll do now. Contact me for details.