Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chang0986

Upgrade Roku Express remotes & replace Roku TV remote?

Sooo, recently my Dad wanted to save some money on his Xfinity bill & we decided to go with Roku express units (using the Xfinity stream - beta app) for his video services to replace the Xfinity Xi3 clients. We bought 6 & only had to use 4 - one tv is a TCL 43" Class 5 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Roku TV; the other is an older Roku Premier. I was able to update the firmware, create an account for my Dad & authorize programming. Unfortunately, I noticed these express remotes don't have a power button nor volume controls.

My question: I'm fully aware that the "official" replacement for the express are the Roku® Voice Remote Pros. At $29.00 a pop (for the pros), can the regular voice remote be paired for FULL functionality? Can the voice remote replace the Class 5 Series remote - also FULL functionality?

Thank you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Upgrade Roku Express remotes & replace Roku TV remote?

Hi @chang0986,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

If we understand it correctly, you'd like to be able to use the Roku Voice remote to the Roku Express. We can definitely assist you with this inquiry.

Can you please verify the model of your Roku Express? You seem to have the Roku simple remote. The compatible remotes for Roku Express are Roku Simple Remote and Roku Voice Remote. For the selected and current model of Roku Express, you may pair a Roku Voice Remote Pro.

You may also refer to this link: Roku Accessories | Streaming Accessories for Roku Devices & TVs | Roku

If you have any additional questions regarding your Roku, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos