Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdbill
Channel Surfer

Re: Uneven Volume Increments on Hisense Roku TV

Steady volume increments and decrements with clicks of the remote are basic.  Suggestions that more expensive TVs are needed to avoid this type of issue are nonsense and could, from vendors or company representatives, be a cynical way to stonewall the issue.

From what I see here, the issue exists with both TCL and Hisense models.

I have one of these sets.  I did not buy it to save money, but to be able to fit a TV in a small space.  From what I see here Roku has had this issue since 2021.

It's time to fix it.

If this can't be fixed soon, my personal opinion is that the affected TV sets are unmerchantable.  In many states, that will overrule seller and warranty limitations.

0 Kudos
sdbill
Channel Surfer

Same issue with Hisense Roku TV: gigantic change in volume between level 9 and level 10.

0 Kudos
sdbill
Channel Surfer

"Volume leveling" is not the issue.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@sdbill  Take it up with Hisense. They made your TV not Roku

0 Kudos
sdbill
Channel Surfer

From what I read here the complaint about even increments and decrements in volume is not just with Hisense, but also with TCL and Sharp.  I suspect it's faulty Roku logic.  Roku support suggested I get back in touch with Hisense after Hisense had sent me to Roku.  I asked Roku support to get a statement from a Roku engineer that the issue was with Hisense.  I received no response to that request.

sdbill
Channel Surfer

@Streamer317:

1.  Do you represent either Roku or Hisense?

2.  Yes, Hisense manufactured the TV, but its operating system seems to be entirely Roku.  I assume that operating system upgrades come from Roku?  Is that wrong?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@sdbill 

If you get this same drastic volume issue between 9 and 10 when using the RokuTV in Antenna/OTA mode, then I think more a hardware issue - manufacturer problem.

If this only occurs when using the Roku operating system (streaming channels/apps), then I would assume Roku issue. (whether or not can be corrected in a build update, another story).

Some of these issues get intertwined (like the OTA signal strength indicator issue a few months back affecting RokuTVs).  Definitely a Roku OS issue, and eventually a Roku OS build update was released to fix it.

Just have to narrow down to where it actually occurs.  My feeling though is that it probably is a hardware issue needing to be addressed by the manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Lmurray365

The uneven increments is my problem also.  9 not enough but 10 to much.  Are there half increments?

0 Kudos
Chrispyy

They JUST fixed this as of 5/14/22. I just got a Roku Hisense 43 inch back in march and my volume between 9 and 10 was doing the same. I went out of town and came back on the 16th and my i noticed my volume was magically fixed, i checked updates, and it updated 2 days prior so hopefully yours is fixed too. 

0 Kudos
J-Money463
Channel Surfer

I’ve actually been meaning to come back to this thread… I had the same fix a couple days ago! It’s like having a totally new TV! Got to say, I was NOT expecting this update but I’m super happy about it!