Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgrichards
Reel Rookie

Ultra 4800X Audio Drop Out Possible Solution!

Jump to solution

In my particular case, I have found a 99% fix to the 2-3 second audio drop out issue. I have an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.1 amp which is one of Onkyo's very first Dolby Atmos units. My Roku unit is the Ultra 4800X.  Here is my fix:

If I change the streaming audio setup on my Ultra 4800X to "Auto" and not "Passthrough", the problem is basically fixed. I do, however, get an occasional fraction of a second audio drop out but really not that objectionable and often not even noticeable.  With the Ultra running in "Auto", my NR1030 sees any signal coming from the Ultra as "Dolby Atmos" even if the source is not in Atmos.  If I change the Ultra setting back to "Passthrough", my amp does recognize signals (stereo, Dolby surround, Atmos, etc.) BUT in "Passthrough" setting, the 2-3 second audio dropout issue is back!

Let me restate this.  It would seem that my NR1030 sees an occasional audio error with the incoming signal from my Ultra unit when the Ultra is running in "Passthrough".  With the Ultra running in "Auto" setting, the NR1030 doesn't "shop around" for another audio format and sticks with Dolby Atmos regardless and the 2-3 second audio drop out is gone! 

I hope this helps some folks and maybe gives the techs at Roku something to consider if they haven't already! Good Luck Everyone! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TOMKC

Re: Ultra 4800X Audio Drop Out Possible Solution!

Jump to solution

HERE IS MY 100% SOLUTION

Actually credit goes to Bryan at Audio Mart Service Center in Kansas City (Overland Park, KS)

I believe this what Bryan told me to do a couple weeks ago for a Fire TV Stick.

I had to apply the same or similar settings to my Roku Ultra tonight, and it is finally working flawlessly.

on ROKU menu home screen:

1.  scroll down to select settings

2. next select audio

3. next select preferred streaming format - select Dolby (default was probably on Auto)

4. next go to digital output format- select Passthrough (default was probably on Auto)

YOUR PROBLEMS WITH AUDIO DROPOUT SHOULD BE GONE NOW!!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TOMKC

Re: Ultra 4800X Audio Drop Out Possible Solution!

Jump to solution

HERE IS MY 100% SOLUTION

Actually credit goes to Bryan at Audio Mart Service Center in Kansas City (Overland Park, KS)

I believe this what Bryan told me to do a couple weeks ago for a Fire TV Stick.

I had to apply the same or similar settings to my Roku Ultra tonight, and it is finally working flawlessly.

on ROKU menu home screen:

1.  scroll down to select settings

2. next select audio

3. next select preferred streaming format - select Dolby (default was probably on Auto)

4. next go to digital output format- select Passthrough (default was probably on Auto)

YOUR PROBLEMS WITH AUDIO DROPOUT SHOULD BE GONE NOW!!!!!!

0 Kudos