Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antarish4

Two TVs doing things on their own

Jump to solution

Earlier today I had left one of my TVs on and left the room with youtube paused and while I was still out of the room with the remote left in there it started playing all on its own. It freaked me out but I figured it was just a fluke. Fast forward to a couple minutes ago and I’m again, watching youtube, but in my bedroom on a different tv when it suddenly pauses, again, remote next to me not being touched, wasn’t even in a place where it could’ve reached the tv sensor. Then it tried to open apple tv as if I pressed the apple tv button. Right after that I grabbed the remote and clicked cancel to stay on youtube then pressed play and it immediately paused again and I hit play again and it paused again all by itself. Super freaking me out. First thing that came to my mind was obviously someone using the app but I have brand new wifi that pretty much only I have had the chance to sign in to and I also can see who has ever signed in to my wifi and all the devices currently connected and it’s only my devices connected. I can’t think of literally any reason as to why it’s happening but it’s really freaking me out and I’m like scared to watch tv at this point so if anyone knows what could be causing this I would love the insight.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Two TVs doing things on their own

Jump to solution

Hi @antarish4,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. 

We'd like to learn more about this and see how we can better isolate this.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Is this an isolated case to these specific channels or to all the channels across the platform?

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a system restart as a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Note: It's also a good option to power cycle your Roku TV to resolve the issue by simply unplugging it from the power source for 1 minute, and plugging it again.

Hope this helps, and share us a bit more of this if the issue persists, and we'll move along to the appropriate next step.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Two TVs doing things on their own

Jump to solution

Hi @antarish4,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. 

We'd like to learn more about this and see how we can better isolate this.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Is this an isolated case to these specific channels or to all the channels across the platform?

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a system restart as a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Note: It's also a good option to power cycle your Roku TV to resolve the issue by simply unplugging it from the power source for 1 minute, and plugging it again.

Hope this helps, and share us a bit more of this if the issue persists, and we'll move along to the appropriate next step.

Best regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.