Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgoble31
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Whole heartedly agree. This is such a profoundly idiotic mistake made by ROKU programmers and it has made ota tv an un-navigable mess. If it was just the roku channel I could turn it off, but it affects the entire ota channel guide viewership. This is one of those errors that roku had better fix in a hurry.

roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If this is just y'alls way of delaying the rage at this stupidity on your part-it ain't working.  Here is all the "waste of your time and mine" info requested:

Hisense model 43R6+

SN X00100NDFATC

Hardware ID C226X

Software version 12.0.0 build 4182-94

Tracker ID TC-366-801

As far as what it is doing, see the other 30 complaints as they are all the same as mine-guide totally screwed and useless now as it returns to RECENTS always. SO JUST UNDO WHAT Y'ALL SCREWED UP AND GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!

scrow

Jump to solution

Will this be corrected or do I junk the TV?

Curtis_C_Flush
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@scrow wrote:

Will this be corrected or do I junk the TV?

I'm junking mine, not worth the time it's only a 42 inch TCL so no big loss

Not being able to do a simple channel input from the remote is just beyond dumb.

Roku's dead to me LOL

Going to d a video first and that should make enough cash for Google TV. People love to see truth videos on stuff that make them mad 🙂

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuArjiema

This is not helpful at all. Everybody has the same issue. Why are you ignoring the issue. Focus on the issue. Everybody's Roku TV is defaulting to "recents". 

The easiest fix would be to roll back the last update, then implement the previous update

Just fix it and stop wasting your time and ours, sending out your cut and paste responses. JUST FIX IT!!!!

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's interesting that yours is defaulting to all channels because most of the people on here are wanting it to default "All Channels" but it's actually defaulting to "Recents" instead

Mariv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OMG! The clock issue has been happening a while too. Please fix that too. 

nixo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I spoke to a Roku phone tech support in a follow-up to fix the same issue all of us users in this thread are justifiably pissed off about. They have suggested the same actions/solutions I already had tried, including resets, restarts, and channel rescans.

Last night on a follow-up call, however, the Roku tech support rep consulted her manager and reported back to me that this problem resulted from an update and is a deliberate "test" and that my case and info would be used as feedback. She was unable to state what the purpose of the test is or why Roku would issue an update that would essentially degrade the basic functionality of the Live TV Channel Guide.

This was not a miscommunication; I asked her to explain and verify what she was saying several times, and I commented on how insane such an approach would be that would be, since an update on any system should be carefully designed and tested prior to roll-out, and never, ever should degrade basic system operation.

I am still unsure if the info I was given could have been accurate, given how counterintuitive and hard to believe that would be. But if accurate, I am flabbergasted, as such an update would represent the most bizarre and incompetent tech approach I have ever come across.

If this is a Roku-wide issue, does the firm not understand how devastating this idiocy will be to the bottom line?

nixo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as the many other posters to this thread, and have little confidence in a fix, given Roku's response so far to an issue clearly affecting many users, starting around the same time, and there has been no resolution.

But since Roku Community Moderators have asked users to provide the following info, below I am posting as if this was a novel issue.

Problem description: About 1 week ago, our Roku TCL Live TV Channel Guide started working incorrectly, as follows:

1. The Live TV Channel Guide defaults to displaying the Live TV Category list, rather than minimizing it and displaying the channels column.

2. Rather than defaulting to the All Channels or most recent category, the Live TV Channel Guide defaults to the "Recents" category.

3. If one navigates within the Live TV Channel Guide to All Channels, that category defaults to the lowest channel (Ch. 2.1 in our case), rather than the most recently used channel. This means that the user must navigate through the whole channel range until locating the desired channel.

4. When the above irregular behavior began, all Favorites appear to have been deleted (though we've since added a few new ones to test that functionality).

Here is the additional moderator-requested info in my case:

•Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

=> MY INFO/RESPONSE: TCL Model #: 43S405 Serial #: YNOOU3663297 (not sure if digits 3&4 are letter "O"s or zeros) Hardware ID: 7101X Device ID: 8L681U663297 Software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-30

•Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)

=> MY INFO/RESPONSE: SEE ABOVE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION. Also note: The issue occurs regardless of what channel is selected.

•Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

=> MY PROBLEM TRACKER ID: 97-365-876

•What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

=> SEE ABOVE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION. SINCE BEGINNING, THE ISSUE HAS BEEN CHRONIC DEFAULT BEHAVIOR within the Live TV Channel Guide.

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Does anyone know a competitor to Roku that's easily installed and relatively inexpensive?

Roku obviously doesn't show any concern for their users once the TVs have been purchased with Roku already installed. I am completely fed up with these Roku people. This has been going on for days. A mediocre coder probably could have fixed this issue in a couple hours, definitely within a day. It's absurd that the only response we get from Roku is them requesting the same stupid irrelevant information over and over without addressing the issue at all.

Please help me find a competitor.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.