Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbillw
Binge Watcher

The subwoofer won't pair with Soundbar after updating to 13.0

It appears this issue has returned again with the latest update to v 13.0 on May 15. Same as before, the subwoofer stalls at the downloading update and times out after a few minutes. Tried factory reset of the subwoofer, no help. Why does Roku break something that works with an update?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The subwoofer won't pair with Soundbar after updating to 13.0

Hello! @billbillw,

Thanks for the update,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your subwoofer not pairing with your Roku Soundbar after updating to 13.0 and thank you for taking the time to perform troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue. We are here to help.

If your Roku host device does not enter pairing mode, review the suggestions below:

• Point the remote at your TV: Your Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar includes a Roku voice remote, but some Roku TV models include a simple IR remote. If your TV has a simple remote, be sure you point it directly at the TV screen when pressing buttons.
  • Install fresh batteries: Replace the existing batteries in your Roku remote with new matching batteries.
  • Check the software version: Your Roku host device should be running the latest version of Roku OS. If you have not done so yet, check the software version as described above.
  • Manually enter pairing menu: If the instructions described above are not working, try putting your Roku host device in pairing mode from the Settings menu. Go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Pair new device > Subwoofer.

Once your Roku host device is in pairing mode, it will connect your subwoofer moving through the setup process automatically.

If you want to review the entire pairing process, read the detailed article about setting up your Roku subwoofer.

For more detailed information on how to troubleshoot issues when pairing your Roku subwoofer, please click here.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billbillw
Binge Watcher

@RokuArjiemar

Frankly, your reply is insulting. Did you read through any of the thread? I have been dealing with this issue since last Fall. I submitted Model, serials, Tracker IDs, tried numerous factory resets. Roku tech was supposed to come up with a solution, but months went by with no reply. Eventually after a main software update in January/February, it started working again...until the update to 13.0. Now I'm in the same situation again where the pairing gets stuck on "downloading software." It never starts the % circle. It hangs and errors after several minutes.

0 Kudos
billbillw
Binge Watcher

Oh, I see now that my my original post was removed from the original thread that I started in November. All that useful information is now missing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.