Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] Blank Roku TV Home Screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We've identified a fix for the issue where some Roku TVs were displaying a blank home screen with just the logo and time. We appreciate everyone who reported this issue.

UPDATE: 6/21/2024

Solution: Perform a manual factory reset.

Follow these steps:

Press and hold the button (located on the back/bottom) for exactly 10 seconds. The light will blink rapidly to confirm.

Important: Do not hold the reset button for longer than 10 seconds.

For detailed instructions, visit the official Roku Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after a factory reset, please start a new thread in the community and send me a private message (PM) for further assistance.

This discussion will be closed as the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience!

The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Roku TV | Home screen is displaying blank

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We sincerely appreciate everyone who reported and for their patience, while we try to resolve this issue with the Roku TV home screen displaying a blank screen, only showing the Roku TV clock and time.

Update: 6/21/2024

We recommend performing a manual factory reset to resolve this issue.

1. Using your Roku remote, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings.
  2. Select Factory reset (or Factory reset everything on Roku TVs) and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: This will erase all your data and settings.
  3. For devices with a physical reset button (located on the back/bottom), press and hold it for 10 seconds. The light will blink rapidly to confirm the reset.

Important Note: Ensure to press and hold the factory reset button for only 10 seconds.

For detailed instructions, visit the official Roku Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

We apologize for the inconvenience and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
68 REPLIES 68
FUDGE-RKU
Reel Rookie

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Me too, although I am just a residential customer.  At least 2/3 of my apps disappeared on ALL of my TV's.  PLUS, my account information in ROKU disappeared!!!!!  That includes my payment method.  WTF, ROKU!  Did I get malwared?  Hacked?  How scared should I be?  And trying to resolve this with a REAL person is almost impossible.  I got blocked by their automated system every time.

Now that I have a ROKU system on all my TV's, I feel like I am held HOSTAGE by their system, especially when it fails.  Any advice... except to kick ROKU to the curb?

Hero27

The home screen of the Roku TV is displaying as blank.

Jump to solution

I tried to turn on my Tv for the pass three days and it is just blank. I’ve tried turning it on and off multiple times. And that doesn’t work. I can hear sounds and the Tv is clearly on since I can see the Roku TV symbol in the top right corner, but it simply won’t do anything else, and I don’t know what to do.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV Westinghouse screen is blank

Jump to solution

Have you unplugged the power for a few minutes?  Simply turning it off and on doesn't really do anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hero27

Jump to solution

I tried that as well, I unplugged it for 15 minutes three times.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @FUDGE-RKU,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the missing channels on your Roku device. We're here to investigate and look closely into this.

May we know when did you start having this issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Also, as per checking, we believe you owned multiple Roku devices. May we know if all devices are affected by the issue?

Please keep us informed.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Hero27

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with your Westinghouse Roku TV, and we understand that the screen is still blank after unplugging your Roku TV. For this issue, we recommend performing troubleshooting steps so that this will be addressed.

If you tried all other reset methods and your TV has not returned to normal operation, use the steps below to perform a complete reset.

1. Locate the pinhole Reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections.
  2. Using a straightened paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.

Note: Performing this step will erase all of the data on your Roku TV, and you will need to reactivate the TV once more, including re-authenticating some apps that require your credentials.

We hope this information helps you to resolve the issue, and let us know how this goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Blank screen but sound on?

Jump to solution

I have a 32’’ Magnavox Roku TV I’m not sure how old it is because it was my grandmother’s but today when I woke up the picture was not working but the sound was. I’ve unplugged everything, did a reboot and even a hard reset but I cannot get the picture to show up.

I don’t know anything about the warranty or even how old the thing is because as I’ve said it was my grandmother’s and she’s no longer here.

Any suggestions on how to fix or should I just get a new TV?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blank screen but sound on?

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we understand the issue you are having with your Roku TV. Kindly be advised that we're currently aware of this, and our team is working on it.

For this matter, we first recommend performing a system restart as a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue: Follow the steps below:

System Restart

Unplug the Roku TV from the power source for 1 minute, and plug it once more. Once this is performed, the TV will boot up. 

If the issue persists after performing the steps provided above, we'd like to gather more information about this so that it can be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team. Please provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The home screen of the Roku TV is displaying as blank.

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention on the Roku Community!

We are currently aware of the problem and actively investigating it.

If your Roku TV's home screen is appearing blank, you can also attempt the following steps using your remote: press the Home button (five times), then the Up button, followed by pressing Rewind (twice) and Fast Forward (twice). This should initiate an automatic restart of your Roku device.

Please confirm whether the steps provided have resolved your issue.

If the problem persists, please assist us by providing the following details so we can escalate the case to our engineering team for investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Note: We'll mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't resolve the issue for you, please let us know or reply to this thread for further assistance. We're here to help, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.