Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Roku channel has a dialogue that is not audible

Only had my Ultra a few days and have run into the problem.  It is my speculation, but I think Roku is sometimes transmitting Dolby sound that splits background from dialog, expecting to use two pairs of speakers.  Only my TV has just one pair of speakers.  I fixed it for one movie by changing the audio setting from Auto to Stereo, but the next night the problem was back.  So I will do some more investigating and experimenting.  

It occurs to me that this evening I had to unplug and replug the Roku box to get it to work.  That might have reset the audio back to its default "Auto" setting.  Apparently last night I left it unattended too long and it shut the TV off but somehow the box got borked.  Fixed that setting today.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku channel has a dialogue that is not audible

Hi @CuriousJohn,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your audio issues on your Roku Ultra. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems)
  • Is this happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while playing content?

In the meantime, kindly try restarting the system to see if it fixes anything. We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Sincerely,
Eunice 

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.