Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takalevy
Binge Watcher

Re: Guide filter resets after power off

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny.  The channels I've set as favorites stay as favorites, but the guide view resets from Favorites to All Channels when I power the TV down.  I have two TCL/Roku TV's plus an Insignia branded Roku TV and a Sharp/Rolku TV.  All 4 sets exhibit the same behavior so it's not a TCL issue.

i.e.  I filter the channels to Favorites.   The guide shows my Favorites until I power down, but when I power cycle the set, (just use the off button, and don't do a Settings>System power cycle) the guide goes back to All Channels.

What I want is when I filter by favorites, I want the guide to stay showing only favorites unless I go into guide settings and change filtering to all channels.  I don't want to hide channels that I may want to view, but I don't want my normal guide to be cluttered up with 'maybe' channels.

TCL55 and 65 inch Roku TV's.
GrumpyinCA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Amen to that

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku Live TV default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

Well mine went nuts tonight and it's been hardwired constantly, when I turn it on it says not connected, that's on antenna tv default setting.

Well it reverted back to the two option tv guide , favs and all. Well now there's no streaming channels. Checked for update, Yes it updated. Only to be just as messed up as before. This Roku **bleep** is just getting real disgusting. It's like they don't like anyone having an antenna. Unreal. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. 

westner
Roku Guru

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Something new happened today: I turned on the TV and - no picture. I could hear sound, change channels, etc., but no video. Turning the set on/off didn't help. I finally called for service and made an appointment for Friday. Then lo and behold, the picture came back on a few hours later. Had to cancel service.

I checked for updates and was updated to V11.5.0 Build 4216. You would think the issue with 'Favorite channels' would be resolved. Think again, it still exists. The only change I could see was that my wallpaper (Theme) was changed.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I couldn't agree more with this channel guide doo doo. It should be fixed already. I did notice a new star button option before the stupid update that was a major glitch. There's now an option to turn off the picture. Like while listening to music. Look at my other post's. I'm just sick of posting about thier problems. Jest seems to be no end in sight . A d now Roku home, and cameras. They are certainly not building my confidence up. Bummer 👎

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is there a moderator who monitors these posts? I think there are enough complaints in this thread about this subject that those above surely must have heard the pains by now.

Hello moderator, chime in!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Unfortunately there is no solution to this problem let alone all the other ruku problems. I like spellin the way ido so fooey.

Problem Not Solved.

Come on moderator do your job says somebody. Wa wa. Flock of wa wa's.

If your all that smart , figure it out already I certainly can't.

Solution. Potential.

Is> Separate the live streaming channels, too thier own input, PS add option to add new or extra input.   And have antenna tv input totally separate from streaming channels. 

Wa wa moderator please do something about all these posts that you rely on. Wa wa big flock coming by look out.

Roku Roku rokyou. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

OTA/Live tv input needs update.

Jump to solution

Why can't I get my favorite channels separate from my streaming channels? I know how to turn them off in the input settings. 

And why it can't remember channel preference. Like ahhh favorite channels. And ahhh all channels.

Seems to be major glitch that's taking a long time to fix. 

Did anyone find a actual Solution that works?

0 Kudos
mGol
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

I had a single response from the moderator almost 2 months ago saying it was being forwarded to the development group.  Obviously it fell on deaf ears.

Make the Favorties filters selection stick.  Not that hard of a concept.

The latest news was 11.5 update did not fix this.  So they must have a reason not to change how this functions.

At this point I think it is time to move on from Roku.  Elderly parents TV replacement of Roku TV is half completed. Working the other half.  As the fall sales specials start we will slowly replace a total of 7 sets.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback!

As previously mentioned in this thread, we are always testing new experiences with Roku devices and I will let the appropriate Roku team know about your input and feedback.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator