Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lionel69

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

How about putting the filter option BACK where it was! There's an old saying that some "moron" at ROKU hasn't heard yet. It goes like this: "If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"

chezjim
Binge Watcher

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Two weeks later, no word. I returned to chat and they basically said, "We're still working on it".

Last time it took over FOUR MONTHS to solve this problem.

oldgreyguy
Reel Rookie

The new search really is bad

Jump to solution

just my 2 cents, the new "improved" search, really stinksl

I realize that every thing is a profit center, but someone has gone overboard, in the past, typed in search query, chose from results, went to choice.

now it is search, then on the right try and figure your way past all of their suggestions, half the time i just quit

bad implementation of a fix for something that really needed no fix

UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: The new search really is bad

Jump to solution

@oldgreyguy 

This was an update (7.5.52) yesterday evening to Roku's (hidden middleware) Search module (for the worse, as you discovered).

Unfortunately this change matches "industry-wide" changes seen in other services' Search functionality ("categories" with large space-wasting poster art, and no ability to change it to a text-only/centric list), and none of it for the better (e.g. check out the new Search function for the new Prime app UI - its nearly identical).

You can always complain to Roku (perhaps demand an Option (*) to show text-only/centric results as per previously), but the likelihood of this changing is extremely low.

0 Kudos
oldgreyguy
Reel Rookie

Re: The new search really is bad

Jump to solution

Naw, I have seen crud like this b4, someone is hired to bring life into something that is not dead, complaint to ROKU would be a Don Quixote moment.

I went with ROKU to head off these kinda moments, **bleep**, I can just go to a Chromewhatchamacallit and get the same..

thanks for the response

Bill

0 Kudos
GC103
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

..like when ROKU added a bunch of channels and I wanted to watch one and the only way I could was on my phone !

Took about the same 4 months for them to fix that one !

Ugggh !

0 Kudos
RoddyRick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just noticed today that the filter option is missing.  This had to have happened in the last 48-72 hours.  I'm assuming you guys had a release which removed the filter option.  This is unacceptable.  If it was done in error, at least let the user community know and give us an ETA of when it will be pushed out in the next release/update.  The current work around is not sustainable for most users.  I have 3 Roku TV's in my home.

The least you can do is notify your users!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Same just happened to me today 8/24/2022.it really sukx. I'm not sure why they randomly f up. Because I'm convinced to not let my eggs in one basket anymore with Roku. Best to have other streaming sticks for back up.

So I'll just have to do 3 extra steps everytime I change a channel 

So another solution is to unfavorite all their bull **bleep** channels and only favorite my OTA antenna channels.

So in essence they're forcing some to eleminated anyone wanting to favorite ANY of their preprogrammed all channel bull poop. 

So I can then just use the new guide interface they're randomly activating, to skim through their ALL CHANNEL LINE UP. Junky setup, ugh what are they thinking.

I and many will just not watch a lot of all channel **bleep**. 

Come on Roku Danny and Roku Mary, can you please address this KrAzYnEsS.

And good luck to all you new Roku users.

The reply I'm providing is in general and not just geared towards the original poster, with all respect.

Thanks for reading. Lots of good problem solvers out their, give them kudos they deserve it for all their hard work and investigation.

Can't type no more fingers are numb. Ugh. Lol darn Roku experimenting on us to improve it's product. Imagine what it will be like in another year. Double ugh choke and cough, hehem. Yuk to too much unnecessary improvement. More problem's. 

Thanks @kmike75 hopefully they get it Solved. 

@kmike75 wrote:

The filter option is missing on my TCL 65". I can't filter the channels to view only my favorites. I can select my favorite channels but I can't set up the TV to view only my favorites. My choices are... Unfavorite this channel, hide this channel, manage channels and close. Where is the filter option?????????????????????????

DougieD
Reel Rookie

Live TV Guide reverts to All Channels

Jump to solution

Two days ago, my live channel guide changed so that Favorites is a menu item listed on the left, along with All Channels, News, Español, etc. If I switch to Favorites, I can scroll through my Favorites list and choose one. But when I re-open the channel listing, it always reverts to All Channels, and I have to select Favorites again and scroll through them. Why is this happening? It is a step backward. 

DougieD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Why did you do this? It's stupid. What's the point in having a Favorites list if I have to select it and scroll from the top of the list every time I view the channel guide? Put it back the way it was. There are no advantages to the new structure.