Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moat
Streaming Star

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

I just registered to +1 for my extreme displeasure with the same "Favorites" issue (43' TCL Roku TV, v11.5.0 build 4225 - about 1 year since purchase). What an utter Fail.

And I haven't yet read anyone else mention yet another "new" issue that v11.5.0 seems to have introduced; scrolling through the channel menu - both horizontally and vertically - is very jerky/stuttery, where it used to be as smooth as silk. Screen/menu elements stutter enough to give me a headache. 🧐

This TV has been perfectly excellent up until these software updates began insidiously breaking my television over the past few months. If I could roll back the updates to where it was 6 months ago, i'd be happy. But now my TV is, literally, broken - and I am pondering returning it and demanding my money back. The smooth and efficient channel menu system is one of the reasons I purchased this TV, and now it is neither smooth nor efficient. And I did not ask nor wish for these software changes/"features".

Roku better fix it ASAP, or that's exactly what I'm going to do - return the TV - and I would encourage others to do the same.

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It appears that Mother Roku continues our suffering with their latest change to their live TV Guide. Maybe one day they’ll return it to the way it was where ‘Favorite’ channels were actually freely accessible as the default option. That’s why we have to continue this thread, voicing our displeasure, until Mother Roku listens to us.

Basically Roku is a great platform, offering a large variety of free and premium channels. It took me a while to set it up when I bought my set almost a year ago and I was very happy with it. I’ve learned to live with the constant barrage of repetitive promos by using the ‘mute’ and ‘previous channel’ buttons. I’m also trying to cope with the latest change to their Guide by using the ‘Voice command’ button to select my favorite channel (I only have a dozen or so).

So please Mother Roku, for the sake of customer satisfaction and customer retention, return the guide to where ‘Favorites’ is the DEFAULT setting and ‘All channels’ is an option.

westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Dear Roku,

No, ‘All channels’ default;  yes, ‘Favorites’ default

Нет, ‘All channels’ default;  да, ‘Favorites’ default

No,  ‘All channels’ default;  , ‘Favorites’ default

Pas,  ‘All channels’ default;  oui, ‘Favorites’ default

Ikke,  ‘All channels’ default;  Ja, ‘Favorites’ default

Nicht,  ‘All channels’ default;  ja, ‘Favorites’ default

Please, пожалуйста, por favor, s'il vous plaît, Vær venlig, bitte schȍn.

0 Kudos
jackalope
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, mine is jerky now too.

0 Kudos
marcinek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yup. The most recent update the the Channel Guide doesn't work at all. It USED to work fine.

Now, when you go to that menu on the far left to filter, choose Favorites, you get your Favorites. Then when you choose one and watch it...when you go back to the Guide is has defaulted back to All Channels again, completely defeating the purpose of having Favorites entirely.  

The old method where you used * to Filter worked fine.

0 Kudos
Barleycorn

Re: tell them you don't like the new search ICONs vs lists - or we are going to be stuck with it

Jump to solution

Yes, I hate the new search function. The previous system was so much faster and easier to navigate. At the very least give us a choice of the “classic” version or the new. It really has turned me off Roku. 

Jump to solution

This is a horrible addition.

Please remove this option A.S.A.P.

This is my T.V. not yours to change.

I should at least be able to turn this off.

Epic fail on Roku's behalf.

👎 

chewy34

Jump to solution

I have the same problems.  It has happen a couple of time, goes away then comes back.  I hide channels and several days later all the hidden channel come back.  My solution--I stopped watching roku tv.  A lot of other free channels out there.

0 Kudos
Glocom
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku sends out an email touting these new and upgraded features make it abundantly clear they are not listening to their customers. We want the ability to filter and keep our favorites and not have to reset them continually.

0 Kudos
Mr-E
Streaming Star

Roku screwed up big time again

Jump to solution

Whoops, I spoke too soon. 2 months later the TV guide has regressed back the "categories for idiots" mode.

ROKU, Categories are unwanted, unneeded, and useless to most of us, because we know what we want to watch. Why do you insist upon listened to the minority, just because they need that useless chaos in their lives? How about making EVERYBODY happy by just giving us the option to turn off categories? "Recent" is useless, so let's disable that also. It seems most people also want to display just favorites, so make that an option also.

In the meantime, I did a factory reset of my TV, and skipped the internet connection part to get rid of Roku streaming channels. Back to good old scrolling through the channels without having to also scroll through all the categories and "recent"!

I probably won't ever go back because you stabbed me in the back. GOODBYE ROKU!!!!!!