Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Give them time. I was a naysayer yesterday and gained some confidence in Roku. Thier brand is on the line and I'm sure the patches are being worked on feverishly. Not to mention the updates that allow the patches to work.

Patience my friend. I can understand where your coming from. Don't give up on Roku yet , good luck.

I think they'll get it soon . 

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Don't be so optimistic. I just realized why Roku is in no hurry to fix the problems with the 'Favorites issue. It's apparently because most Roku users don't even use the guide. They go directly to their Premium channels and channels outside the guide. That's why this thread isn't getting a lot of traction. Just look at the posts - there are only a handful of posters. I'm sure if a couple of hundred users joined in, Roku would listen. As for me, I'm not paying for any premium channels and because I rely on the guide so much, I will not deal with it much longer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Anonymoussays

I had same problem with favorites filter options missing. After rescan and all that ota poo. There was no filter options for favorites at all not to mention any.

And all I had to do was go to any channel and go left to channel description itself and press the star button, and select favorite.

And then filter favorite option reappeared.

Unfortunately I had to favorite all my channels again.

((( This is a solution to:> Filter options missing from guide...  If this works please select as a solution to this topic )))

Solution!!! 

Thanks if it works for anyone a kudo would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The issue is no longer that the filter options is missing.  They put it back in where you found it about a month ago .  The problem is you have to do this every time you enter the LiveTV app.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

They should Seperate the two. Antenna tv. And live tv. And add a new input for the live streaming tv options and it won't conflict with the antenna channels. The only time my remote stops working is when it's on a weak antenna channel. It doesn't seem to happen on the live streaming channels. 

Thank for the info. Maybe you can help with this commingled live tv antenna tv thing. 

0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

'Favorites' are no longer the default

Jump to solution

If this has been addressed, I've not been able to find it. 

For the past couple of weeks, Live TV/The Roku Channel will no longer default to the favorites I've selected.  I must use the filter to select favorites every time I go into the app, which is a bit annoying.  I cannot imagine why this was changed.  If I've selected selected specific channels as favorites, I do not want to now see all channels each time I start the app.  Is anyone aware of a resolution?

Pepe2

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

The new search function is terrible. Virtually useless. And from reading through the comments, Roku is not in a hurry to fix it. The statement below is lifted from Roku's annual 10-K report under "Risk Factors." Hey Roku - we're all trying to tell you our preferences. It impacts retention. Which you state is a risk factor. Connect the dots and revert to the search function we all loved. 

Risks Related to Our Business and Industry
TV streaming is highly competitive and many companies, including large technology companies, content owners and aggregators, TV brands, and service operators, are actively focusing on this industry. If we fail to differentiate ourselves and compete successfully with these companies, it will be difficult for us to attract and retain users and our business will be harmed. 
TV streaming is highly competitive and global. Our success depends in part on attracting users to and retaining users on, and the effective monetization of, our streaming platform. To attract and retain users, we need to be able to respond efficiently to changes in consumer tastes and preferences and to offer our users access to the content they love on terms that they accept. Effective monetization requires us to continue to update the features and functionality of our streaming platform for users, content publishers, and advertisers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 'Favorites' are no longer the default

Jump to solution

Drn I wish I knew. 

They must have marked it solved. And it's definitely not. 

Still need to fix guide default setting. No fix in sight, they just tried patching with the update but it didn't work on all and was reverted back to .

All channels. Default.

The setting just won't stick.  Boo hoo Roku.

I couldn't agree more with all of you. 

dhaener

Re: Turn off Recents and Favorites in OTA Guide

Jump to solution

Why do they make using their tv such a pain? I don't want to have to scroll through recents just to go from 2.1 to 62.1

0 Kudos
tclR0KUowner
Channel Surfer

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Roku! Yes, talking to you! Other TV owners are already familiar with my frustration. What have you done now? It got worse!!! Not only do live TV channels revert away from Favorites, now it happens every time you change the channel!  This new "feature" of icons for All Channels, Recents, Favorites ... they don't stick once selected. And if you select Favorites and start scrolling, after reaching the bottom of your saved Favorites, it moves to the next category (News) instead of rolling back to the beginning of Favorites. I am so disappointed with Roku. I will share my experience with everyone I can. Since I can't return the TV and you're not fixing a KNOWN ISSUE, maybe I can prevent others from purchasing this piece of *&^#!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.