Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remote suddenly stops working, except for the Home button.

Jump to solution

, my remote suddenly stops and only the Home button works. TCL Roku tv socks just the same. 

westner
Roku Guru

Re: Remote suddenly stops working, except for the Home button.

Jump to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

, my remote suddenly stops and only the Home button works. TCL Roku tv socks just the same. 

Did you try changing batteries? I have to change mine almost every other month when it stops working.

I love my TCL 6 Series 55 Mini-LED QLED TV. It's the guys at Roku that need to be retrained. They never should have made the Guide default to 'All channels' instead of 'Favorites'. Why??

If they want to mess with the Guide, they should try to make it possible to allow the user to select future times/channels for viewing (like Samsung).

Glocom
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Live TV default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

Yes. It it isn’t working right now and hasn’t since the last update. While on channel guide on stations all the way to left, hit the * to manage channels. In filters select favorites.  When you turn off TV or go away from Live TV, filter will reset to all. 

1OleVizier

Really dislike the updated Search on ROKU’s Home Screen

Jump to solution

The beauty of ROKU’s Search feature was if it was online anywhere, I could type in a title & it would list all the ways that title is available to stream. That was before. It’s been updated. Now even titles that I know are available will not show up in the results & that’s if you have any results at all. Is this a sign of things to come? I miss the old set up

0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

Re: Really dislike the updated Search on ROKU’s Home Screen

Jump to solution

@1OleVizier wrote:

The beauty of ROKU’s Search feature was if it was online anywhere, I could type in a title & it would list all the ways that title is available to stream. That was before. It’s been updated. Now even titles that I know are available will not show up in the results & that’s if you have any results at all. Is this a sign of things to come? I miss the old set up

I was happy with my old big screen QLED TV but not with the manufacturer's willingness to maintain the system. I should have done a lot more research before purchasing this Roku replacement. It took a while to learn how to navigate the system and suddenly everything changed and continues to change - and not always for the better.

Unlike the makers of my old TV, who ignored problems with their system, Roku keeps messing with theirs and thereby confuses and frustrates their customers to the point where they will become ex-customers.

Is this a sign of things to come? I hope not. I hope that someone up there with some business savvy puts an end to this experimentation. At least let the Guide default to 'Favorites'. Please, pretty please.

JoeRVA

Re: Live TV Guide reverts to All Channels

Jump to solution

Sept 30, 2022 -  Remedy/Workaround

Until ROKU fixes the problem with the channel guide reverting to ALL CHANNELS each time you turn off the tv or change inputs, here is a temporary fix that worked for me:  

1   Launch the guide, navigate to the left-most column to highlight the actual channel, then press * for options.

2. Select MANAGE CHANNELS, 

3.  Select EDIT CHANNEL LINEUP

4.  Place check marks in each of the channels listed that do not have a heart symbol (indicating they are favorited) or any channels that you do NOT want to see in the channel guide when you open it.

5.  Yes, the channel guide has LOTS of channels to have to do this too, but the effort will save you frustration once this is complete.  When done with this step and all channels, back out of everything.

Now, the next time you turn your tv on or change inputs and go back to the guide, it may say ALL CHANNELS, but the only channels that appear will be the ones you WANT to appear.

No, I don't work for ROKU, but I was equally frustated with the last guide/sofware updates and defaults.

Hope this helps many folks with a remedy.

FYI:  This worked on my TCL Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Neil4
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channel or antenna guide

Jump to solution

It used to be that you could see your favorites listed first, but then still see all of the channels. Have they done away with this option?

0 Kudos
takalevy
Binge Watcher

Re: Guide filter resets after power off

Jump to solution

I didn't realize this until recently.   When turn off my TCL TV (not unplug) the channel guide reverts back to All Channels rather than Favorites.  I don't want to see the 400 odd channels that I haven't deleted, just the ones I normally view.

Roku, please fix this bug.

TCL55 and 65 inch Roku TV's.
0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

TV Freezes in Channel Guide When Turned On

Jump to solution

Either something new is going on at Roku or my TV is broken. Several times after turning on my TV, nothing happens. It freezes in the Channel Guide. I can't change channels or do anything else. Turning it off and on doesn't solve the problem.

I discovered that if I press the 'Home' button immediately after turning on the set and then selecting the 'Roku Channel', I can access the 'Live TV Channel Guide' that way.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it my TV?

mGol
Streaming Star

Re: TV Freezes in Channel Guide When Turned On

Jump to solution

Definitely seen similar issues most of September.  Sometimes cycling the power from the remote works sometimes it seems to take a full power cycle by pulling the plug.  The issues with the recent Roku Live TV app updates has gotten so bad that I am working on replacing the Roku TVs of my elderly parents.  My wife has wondered if we should go ahead and replace all 5 of our Roku TVs.  I had started down the path of replacing them in August when we started having problems but then Roku supposedly fix some things and I stopped (my mistake).  Now the replacement deals are gone (likely have wait for the Black Friday deals at Thanksgiving).  Supposedly a new firmware is supposed to be released this fall (V11).  Will it makes things better or just make the TV unusable remains to be seen. We have seen a noticeable response delay at times when making selection and sometimes just outright freezes were nothing happens other than the LED light on the bottom of the TV flickers when we push a button.