Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fripp02
Reel Rookie

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

So the change on my end does not seem to be totally resolved.  After I changed filter options to Favorites, I noticed that it defaulted back to All channels again after leaving Live TV or turning TV off and on again.  Before, it always maintained my Favorites selection, never changed to All channels on its own.

ledog3

Re: tell them you don't like the new search ICONs vs lists - or we are going to be stuck with it

Jump to solution

I dont like it. Its banner crazy and does NOT seem to place all my search activity in any order. I ue it not only for search but quick access to regular TV programs. I know there's a place for those but I would rather have the old search function back. 

Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

As I said before, START YOUR OWN DISCUSSION. Your opinion is not a catch all reason for you to go off topic, about anything, anywhere you please. It is divided into various discussions for a reason.

Maybe you need to read up on Roku etiquette. 

@Lilmissiggy518 wrote:

Well this was the only section where it was being talked about. And all the comments i seen were negative.

0 Kudos
Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, I noticed that also, hopefully they can eventually come up with a way to set a default choice.

@fripp02 wrote:

After I changed filter options to Favorites, I noticed that it defaulted back to All channels again after leaving Live TV or turning TV off and on again.  

BkfAZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

*Possible Solution for All? * If I were (and was) a software developer, I would change the change Channel options "Filter" menu to include [selected/unselected] check boxes in front of "[x] All Channels", "[x] Favorites", "[x] Recents", etc. so that 1 or more of the selected categories could appear on the Guide.

Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Since I created the thread, I marked it as solved for me, as I am happy with the current status.

If I want to see just favorites, I can do so until the TV is turned off, or otherwise exited.

I just don't need those other options, but realize others do, so I'll leave it up to you to start a new thread about refinements. Good Luck!

Lilmissiggy518
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks 👍

0 Kudos
GC103
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

For me at least, the new leftmost “groping” column, when looking at the live TV channel guide, is now gone !

I can now filter, by selecting the guide and pressing the “*” button and the selecting the group you want-favorites, recent, all etc. 

The group I select doesn’t seem to stick as I have to reselect the group each time I select live tv. 

That’s what I’ve experienced sine last night. 

Dirtrider21
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Yes, that’s the bar I was referring to also. It filtered favorites, sports, movies etc. 

Looks like some software engineer, who never used the TV, decided to make the menus more clunkier than they already are. Hey, let’s make the users wear out the remote batteries trying to get to their 4 favorite channels.

Dominicpj7

Search menu needs to go back to original format

Jump to solution

The new search icons suck. Please go back to original search format. Where you type in actor names and then their movies show up on a list.