Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaryMan
Reel Rookie

Re: TV flashes Roku but stays blank

"That being said, I don't think there's anything Roku can do about it except....." sweep the 3% of owners with faulty devices under the rug while continuing to placate the 97% without issues.

And this is why I don't spend One Dollar on any Roku subscription service.  

steinein
Channel Surfer

Same issue here. TV is 18 months old and a paperweight. TCL refuses to help.

CaryMan
Reel Rookie

TCL TV FIXED   Under $25.

Research, YouTube and Ebay... Fixed it myself.   I needed an LED Driver (power supply/LED driver circuit board).  My model incorporated both onto one single board.

Go to YouTube..... search and learn on videos from TampaTech and ShopJimmy.

As an aside:  I mail-ordered a newer TCL TV from Sam's Club.  TCL 43S453 is a 2022 model year.  $219.88 plus tax plus $8 shipping AND this particular model is suppose to have a 3 YEAR limited warranty.

Or

Wait for the TCL 43 inch 2023 model 43S450R and aliases 470R; 410R; 430R to be available soon.  The 2023 model has an updated display with Dolby Vision and the audio with Dolby Atmos.

Had I known $25 would fix my old tv...... I would have likely waited for the 2023 model to arrive in the Roku format.  The Roku environment / interface is highly rated and just works.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.