Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richb3
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Hi Carly,

Is there a plan to revert this change, or at least make it opt out? I get a “we hear you” vibe from your post that doesn’t make me confident that anything is actually being done. This is an annoyance for me every time I use my gaming console, which is multiple times a day.

Thanks.

Return_TVInputs
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Roku employees that can read

You done goofed, stop beta testing us and make it opt in/allow reverting changes. 😒

Return_TVInputs
Reel Rookie

That implies Roku is ran by anyone who can read. They copy/paste generic responses in the forums... Sucks to own this ad filled monitor 😮💨

Gimme back my inputs. I'm not here for your Sunday night football or Roku TV garbage 

0 Kudos
User953
Reel Rookie

Hey everyone, let's take a quick poll to let Roku know how satisfied we are with their decision to beta test on their customers without their consent and by making navigation less customizable and more cumbersome.   

If this experience has caused you to seriously reconsider whether you would buy a Roku device in the future feel free to respond to this post saying so.  

I'll start:  I am seriously considering never buying a Roku powered device ever again.

@RokuCarly 

Return_TVInputs
Reel Rookie

I'm not getting TCL/ROKU again if this is how they play games

I see now why people build home theater PCs this is trash

#InformedConsent 

#

0 Kudos
theva

I'm just chiming in to say I also hate this change.  Having them in a menu serves no purpose.  Even just having to use the home screen to cycle inputs is a downgrade already compared to non-"smart" devices and PC monitors that managed it fine with the click of a button on the remote. 

I'd rather place the apps and channels in their own menu since I have no interest in them and they needlessly waste a lot of space on the home screen.  If I could've bought an HDR 4k TV without Roku for the price I paid I would have.

0 Kudos
number40Fan
Binge Watcher

Glad to see these being discussed here.

Does anyone use Outlook.com for their email?  Roku is worse than them!  Outlook is constantly changing **bleep** that doesn't need to be changed and I'm sure it is because if the people didn't come up with ways to change **bleep**, they'd get fired, even if those changes aren't useful.

Roku, get rid of this and everything else you think you've "upgraded" over the years.  If I could roll back my firmware to the date I bought my TV, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.