Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wooyo0

TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Went away for the weekend and my TCL roku TV apparently updated. Now in order to choose my av receiver input for gaming, I have to to into the "TV inputs" option, then choose av receiver. It used to be just a standalone choice. Please don't tell me there's no way to put it back the way it was. It's only one extra click but it's an entirely useless change.

Labels (1)
36 REPLIES 36
brookeycon

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Same thing just happened to my TV. This is a huge step back in quality of life. I have those inputs in specific spaces on my screen because they are for different consoles and connections to the TV, which I use all the time. Now having them in their own sub-menu is going to cause so much wasted time and stress. Can we get an option to change it back?

quipsterk
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Seeing the same thing. Had a bunch of inputs that are now nested and take more clicks to get to now.

Roku: please provide a way for us to change this back!

Snasu

Same for me. This was a big detriment to my parents who don't know technology. Suddenly everything "changed"

Dawren

Seeing the same thing. Strange misstep for Roku. It either needs to go back to how it was where you could add the individual inputs to your channels list or they should provide an option to choose whether you'd rather have the consolidated "TV inputs" channel instead.

robot-boy
Binge Watcher

The same thing happened on my TV. When they make changes like this it should be an option. I know they are trying to "improve" the experience, but if nothing is wrong why try to fix it? What was simple has now become slightly more complex. The change was confusing at first because I had my apps arranged the way I wanted them and I had become accustomed to their location. And as I have stated this should have been an option and not forced on us.

There is no spoon.
lori4
Channel Surfer

I have hisense roku and am in my 60’s i have spent an hour looking for a work around i do not like this at all and if i didnt have 3 of these tv’s i would consider getting something else i dislike it that much i want to setup my home screen for  what i use  this is awful 

richb3
Reel Rookie

Yeah this is terrible. My PS5 and Switch are both in there and I use them daily. Annoying to have to drill into a menu/folder to do that.

I really wish people making UX changes like this would talk to users and listen to what they want.

At the least we should be able to disable this behavior in the settings.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku is testing some changes to the Roku home page with some "lucky" random users. Changes I know of are:

• A Continue Watching bar
• Channel grid of 4 smaller tiles wide instead of 3 "normal" tiles wide
• On Roku TVs, tiles for individual input sources gathered under one single Inputs tile.

I urge anyone receiving these tests to feed back their opinions, positive, negative, or with suggestions for improvement, to Roku. About the only way to do this is by posting here in the Community as some of you have done.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
quipsterk
Binge Watcher

@makaiguy Is there someplace that shows what tests Roku are running? How do you know this is just a test and not a permanent change? Just curious.

This stupid test takes away one of the last remaining features that made owning a Roku TV unique: being able to customize the home screen with your own inputs and making them easily/quickly accessible—NOT requiring extra clicks to do so. 

This along with the absolutely nonsensical way the Live TV menu doesn’t just let you stay within the favorite channels section (it reverts to All Channels each and every time) are making me want a new tv—from another brand. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.