Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kricket72

TCL TV Backlight Went Out

Jump to solution

I’ve only had my TCL roku tv for a year and a half and all of the sudden the backlight seemed to go out and I can barely see anything at all on the tv 🙄 I’m so disappointed!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL TV Backlight Went Out

Jump to solution

@Kricket72 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kricket72 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ManDiego
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TCL won't do anything since it's the 1-year limited warranty has expired. TCL makes terrible products.

Farmommy

Jump to solution

SAME
I had my 65" TLC Roku TV about a year and a half and the back light seems to have gone out .
Terrible product , no customer service . They are manufactured to be disposable .

GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This is why it's a good idea to buy TVs from Costco.  They have great warranties beyond the laughable manufacturers' warranties. 

I made two mistakes with my most recent TV purchase.  I didn't buy it from Costco and I bought a TCL Roku tv.  Next TV I buy will be from Costco and will not be a TCL.  If I had to do it again today I'd buy an LG or a Sony from Costco, not a TCL from Amazon.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Will not buy another TCL less than 2 years and back light is out. Warn al” your friends about this shabby product

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Drkeith1043

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing is related to hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlV

Jump to solution

Same

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AlV

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? If you are experiencing a hardware issue with your Roku TV, we would recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide.

You can find Roku TV manufacturers contact information on our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nillum

Jump to solution

Me too. Not even 3 years.

0 Kudos