Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dianewilf
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV turns on repeatedly - won’t remain off

My 2022 TCL Roku TV continues to turn on after I power down.  I have tried remote Vs app, have done a factory reset, have unplugged and plugged into a different power outlet, all wi th mo luck. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV turns on repeatedly - won’t remain off

Hi @Dianewilf,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than delighted to assist you with your Roku TV issue since it will turn on by itself. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Please keep us posted if the problem still persists after trying the troubleshooting steps.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Dianewilf Do you have another device connected to an HDMI input on your TCL Roku TV?  If you do it sounds like that device is using CEC to turn the TV back on.

0 Kudos
Dianewilf
Reel Rookie

Nothing else is plugged into any HDMI port.  It’s a mystery. I ordered a new power cord to see if it’s an electrical issue with the cord. 

0 Kudos
Dianewilf
Reel Rookie

I did that yesterday and again today.  Still coming on by itself.  I’m at a loss.  Would putting an Apple TV 4K device on it help?  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Dianewilf Do you have a ceiling fan, anything that has a remote or timer that could be turning on the TV? 

I don't think connecting another device to the TV will solve the problem but I could be wrong.  

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Dianewilf Are you in an apartment or condo where someone nearby could be turning it on?

0 Kudos
Dianewilf
Reel Rookie

No - in a single family home and yes, a ceiling fan but not on remote. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.