Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeganMCG

TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

I tried many things. What finally worked was plugging in the 3.5 mm wire/cable that goes to my Bose speakers. It played on them for a few minutes the regular sound on the T.V. from the Roku device popped back on. I don't know why... Wish everyone luck!

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
MaineO
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

Didn’t work

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MaineO

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaineO
Binge Watcher

My TV is stuck in headphone mode. When you turn the volume up or down there is a headphone symbol in the upper right hand corner. I have tried switching to hdmi and optical output since the TV is hooked up to a sound bar through the optical port. I’ve tried hooking an external speaker up through the headphone jack and I still can’t get sound. TV is only 1 year old and has been on a TV stand since the day it was purchased. 

MaineO
Binge Watcher

Only thing I can do to get sound is download the Roku remote app and listen to my TV through my phone or then run a 3.5 jack from the phone to my surround sound but then I have to walk over and turn the volume up and down on the phone. I then have to deal with hearing every text message or alert interruption 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MaineO

Thanks for the follow up.

It's possible that you may have a defective remote. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaineO
Binge Watcher

Well the thing is I don’t have the remote with the headphone jack built in. I have the regular tcl/Roku remote. I had to download the Roku app to my phone and use it for sound now. I’ve reset sound and reset tv. Unplugged all hdmi and power supplies for ten minutes and still nothing. Please help me. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MaineO

Thanks for the clarification.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaineO
Binge Watcher

TCL model 655435

Hardware ID C142X

Serial number X00000268204

Software version 11.5.0 • build 4235-93

Device ID S02Y21168204

0 Kudos
MaineO
Binge Watcher

And it happens on all channels even hdmi. And I just recently noticed that we can’t even get sound from the Roku remote app through the phone if we are watching something on hdmi. Also went out and bought wireless sound bar thinking I could just Bluetooth and you can only use wireless Roku speakers. That’s a ripoff. Sell tvs that have know sound issues and make the tv so it can ONLY USE ROKU products to be able to even listen to it. I could’ve saved money buying a better quality monitor and just adding Roku if I known all these problems would exist.