Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertJen

TCL Roku TV - Cannot find Wireless Connection & MAC Address is all 0's

Jump to solution

I recently decided to buy a Roku TV and for the brand I decided to go with TCL, probably worst decision I made... I purchased it at my local Walmart and got home and set it up right away and went through the setup process and connected it to my Wireless Network, which the whole process didn't have any issues. I also connected two devices to it and nothing was wrong. I finished the day by watching youtube on it and worked as intended, though I fell asleep and it auto shut off(or went to sleep as it's power saver mode).

Next day it also worked well and the wifi was fine, I also used the two devices connected to it to make sure everything was set up right(color/picture size and all). At the end of the day I also watched youtube but did not fall asleep with it on. Third day comes around and I was about to get on youtube but it said I wasn't connected to wifi and so I checked as well as trying to connect to my WIFI and it couldn't find my network, scanning again didn'tt do anything for me. I gave up trying to fix it and hoped that it was the update or something in the software went wrong so a new update was gonna come out to fix it. I was naive to think that since the last update is said to have been in September.

Today I was gonna AirPlay my phone onto the screen but then I realized it requires the TV to be connected to the wifi and then I tried again to get it fixed. I tried to put my router's login info into the private network(just trying all options, but did nothing). So I finally gave up and decided to make this post. The tv is quite literally 6 feet from my router with nothing in the way to block connection(such as other technology for signal jamming) so I don't know what could truly be the problem except hardware issues.

Don't fully know what Information I should put here to get some actual help rather than random posts and articles that don't help me so I will put all my system info here(except the Uptime and Support since they aren't relevant).

TCL Model - 32S327
Hardware ID - 8116X
Serial Number - YK00E4665196
Device ID - JDU23E665196
Software Version - 11.5.0 * Build 4235-48

Hope to hear back soon and get to know this wasn't a waste of money as well as a way to fix this issue...

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV - Cannot find Wireless Connection & MAC Address is all 0's

Jump to solution

An all zeros MAC address indicates a hardware failure.  TCLs seem to be prone to them.  You need to contact TCL as they made the TV.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV - Cannot find Wireless Connection & MAC Address is all 0's

Jump to solution

An all zeros MAC address indicates a hardware failure.  TCLs seem to be prone to them.  You need to contact TCL as they made the TV.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos