Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krana57

TCL 65r615 - system reset bricked TV

I had some minor pixelation, so I did a system reset through the built in Roku interface.

It wouldn't power up again.

In fact, it's completely non-responsive now. The lit circle around the power button at the bottom right is permanently illuminated, and stays illuminated, no matter what. Pushing the button does nothing. Unplugging and restarting does nothing. Holding down the hard reset button for 12-20-90-1000 seconds does nothing.

Nothing flashes on the screen when you push any buttons. The monitor appears to be completely dead. All buttons are completely nonresponsive

The remote has no effect either. It definitely works, because you can see the purple light inside the IR dome.  Also I can use it to work a twin tv in another room. But it has no effect on this TV.

The only thing we did was a system reset on a 5 year old device. And now it's completely bricked.

I wrote TCL & told them that the system reset should not brick my television. They said, "out of warranty, tough luck." Part of me is in conspiracy land, thinking that TCL decided that all 5-year-old TVs were now candidates for replacement, so this bug has been dispatched on purpose.  But since it bricked within 5 years, I  won't buy a TCL, so mission fail.

Any thoughts other than "get a new TV"?  Does anyone know the Hardware ID for 65R615?  I need to input it to try a USB firmware reboot, but I obv can't navigate via  the Roku UI to find it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL 65r615 - system reset bricked TV

Try 7121X, but it seems like if you can't get it to turn on with the power button then it won't be possible to update it.  Have you tried leaving it unplugged for a while like overnight?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.