Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mpierson01

Switching between Roku TV and Roku device

Jump to solution

We're having problems with our Hisense roku connecting to internet and pair with roku replacement remote. Having to use the box also and switch between remotes and sometimes that doesn't work.  Personally,  have a TCL and I haven't had any problems 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Just Bought a Hisense Roku Smart LED TV do i still need to have my Ultra Roku Device?

Jump to solution

Hi @Mpierson01! And welcome to the Roku Community!

It sounds like you have two separate problems here. You're in the right place, and we'll try to help. @DBDukes and @makaiguy are pretty knowledgeable as well and may be able to offer other insight.

If I'm understanding correctly, the Roku TV isn't connecting to the internet reliably. You have a few options here. You could try troubleshooting the Roku TV, and then you wouldn't need to use your Roku device with the TV, and you could just use the Roku TV. You can troubleshoot most wireless issues at http://go.roku.com/connectivity. But my first suggestion would be to run a network test by navigating to Home > Settings > Network > Check connection.  Ensure, of course, that you're using the menus on the Roku TV itself, and not on the external Roku player. You may want to disconnect the Roku player, to be sure. 

It sounds like you're using a Roku player with the Roku remote, but perhaps the remote isn't reliable. You can troubleshoot most remote issues here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708. Some common solutions include changing the batteries or making sure that you remote has line of sight to the device, depending on which Roku player you have.

We're going to mark this post as "solved," on the chance it helps someone else on Community. But, if you're still running into a hiccup, no worries! Send me a PM here directly, and I'll be happy to put you in contact with a member of our support team who can assist you.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Just Bought a Hisense Roku Smart LED TV do i still need to have my Ultra Roku Device?

Jump to solution

Hi @Mpierson01! And welcome to the Roku Community!

It sounds like you have two separate problems here. You're in the right place, and we'll try to help. @DBDukes and @makaiguy are pretty knowledgeable as well and may be able to offer other insight.

If I'm understanding correctly, the Roku TV isn't connecting to the internet reliably. You have a few options here. You could try troubleshooting the Roku TV, and then you wouldn't need to use your Roku device with the TV, and you could just use the Roku TV. You can troubleshoot most wireless issues at http://go.roku.com/connectivity. But my first suggestion would be to run a network test by navigating to Home > Settings > Network > Check connection.  Ensure, of course, that you're using the menus on the Roku TV itself, and not on the external Roku player. You may want to disconnect the Roku player, to be sure. 

It sounds like you're using a Roku player with the Roku remote, but perhaps the remote isn't reliable. You can troubleshoot most remote issues here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708. Some common solutions include changing the batteries or making sure that you remote has line of sight to the device, depending on which Roku player you have.

We're going to mark this post as "solved," on the chance it helps someone else on Community. But, if you're still running into a hiccup, no worries! Send me a PM here directly, and I'll be happy to put you in contact with a member of our support team who can assist you.

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching between Roku TV and Roku device

Jump to solution

@Mpierson01 

I'm not sure I follow everything, so let me try to summarize what I am reading, and ask you to correct where I'm not reading things properly.

You have two Roku TV devices. The TCL TV you've already had was and is working fine. No issues there.

You recently got a Hisense Roku TV, but are not using the remote that came with the Roku TV, but rather a replacement remote.

Is that correct so far? If so, let's work on the remote problem before we continue. If not, ignore what follows and correct my understanding of things.

If the replacement remote is a Roku Simple Remote, it will not work with a Roku TV. Roku TV devices from third parties (Hisense, TCL, etc) use infrared (IR) remotes, but they use a different code set from the Roku Simple Remote. If this is the case, then you have an incompatible remote.

If the remote is a third party universal remote, you would not use the Roku settings. Rather, you would use manufacturer settings. The Roku TV Universal Remote Page has more information.

If your replacement remote is a Roku Voice Remote (or Voice Remote Pro), then it should pair to the device. Be sure you follow the instructions on the Voice Remote Setup page.

Once we have this out of the way, that may resolve the other issue, depending on the details of the remote you're trying to use.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos