Doub
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar speaker crackling

I have two full surround sounds and they both do it. I have noticed that it does it on Bluetooth and watching TV on my Chromecast with Google TV but not when you cast to YouTube or I heart radio. It seems like one of the recent updates caused it.

0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

Oh, interesting. This has been happening to me for years and I have been through three different streambars, most recently with a replacement I installed in the last two weeks.

The issue occurs on the homescreen and continues regardless of which Roku app I go to (Sling, Netflix, Prime Video, etc.).

It resolves momentarily if I reset the device via the Roku System menu but occurs immediately the next time I relaunch the device.

0 Kudos
Doub
Channel Surfer

Send to be an update causing it to me. When I cast to the soundbar from YouTube or iheart radio it doesn't do it. When I use Bluetooth or Chromecast with Google TV it does it. I have two and they both do it.

Doub
Channel Surfer

Both sets of surround sound speakers updated today to 12.5.5.4173. Both soundbars are still at 12.5.0.4178. Both full surround sounds are fed by Roku TVs. The. TVs also updated to 12.5.5.4173. I tried both briefly and they seem to be doing better now.

0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

Hi @RokuJanadeeK, just wanted to make sure you saw this.  Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.  I am happy to upload a video if you can tell me how.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HackZ
Channel Surfer

Is there any update on this? It has been over a month; I am still out of a soundbar.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

We appreciate you letting us know about this here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for all the inconvenience that this has caused you. We understand you are having problems with your Roku device. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  4. Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ilynch
Binge Watcher

Hello @RokuEuniceL,

Following is the information you requested.  I am happy to provide anything else that may help.

Model - 9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial Number - YL00FS954973

Device ID - 2A118F954973 

Software version - 12.5.0 - build 4178-95

This issue occurs from the moment I launch the Roku (on the homepage) and continues with any apps I navigate to.

Tracker ID - 73-509-537

If I reset the Roku via the Settings page, it will sometimes correct the issue but the problem starts again the next time I use the Roku.

0 Kudos
Steelco

I'm having the same low frequency distortion on my roku streambar.  I've tried all the fixes.  Update, hdmi change,  restart,  unplugged but nothing seems to fix the problem. 

Model # 9102RW

Serial# YL00A9966434

Software version 12.5.0 build 4178-95

Please help

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ilynch @Steelco,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!
We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can do to help, and we'll continue assisting you at any time. Also, please check your inbox if a private message is sent to you here in the Community.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos