WesHarden
Reel Rookie

Streambar returns to home screen

I Have owned this Streambar, sku# 9102R SN# YL0066218281 For a while and never used. Today I set it up, wifi network connection, updated, rebooted.

Every app or channel I have tried plays for 10 seconds and returns to the home screen. This includes Roku Channel, Roku, Getting Started tutorial. Even the System sub menu "About"

Crashes back to home screen.

NOT a happy user here

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
WesHarden
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar returns to home screen

Well I am attempt to make this POS work I started deleting channels. I did not realize that I was deleting channels from the account. So the 2 working Roku altras in the house lost the same channels I deleted. Now my wife and father are pissed at. This is stupid

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @WesHarden 

Thanks for posting in the Community regarding your Roku Streambar returning to the Home screen.

I can understand the frustration that this behavior may be causing. Since this issue seems to be affecting all the channels you are accessing, this is likely an indicator that the root cause is the Roku Streambar device itself and not the channels. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the Roku Streambar to see if the issue persists? Please be aware that factory reseting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

In addition, please be aware that when you remove a channel from a Roku device, it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to the same Roku account.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HarvP
Reel Rookie

Streambar owner here with same problem. Multiple soft and hard resets failed resolving problem. 
Contacted customer support via phone. No solution. 
Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @HarvP,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to heat about the issue you have experienced with the Streambar. We certainly want to help you, and we'll need information on how we can better assist you. Kindly provide the following details.

• Can you please specify what kind of issue you're having?
  • What channel/s are you having issues with?
  • How long has the issue existed?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to have a better understanding with the issue you're having, and work into it.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HarvP
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the offer of assistance!

Fortunately the device is working perfect again. Don’t know why and don’t care. Just happy it’s functional!

0 Kudos