Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streambar Pro is not playing sound with my Wireless Speakers

I have a tcl roku tv, but i just bought a streambar bro and wireless speakers. i set everything up one at a time and my streambar is not playing sound at all, while my wireless speakers play. 

i have tried to unplug and reset everything and still no success 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BronzeCheetah
Channel Surfer

Re: Streambar Pro is not playing sound with my Wireless Speakers

Is the streambar connected by hdmi to the TCL arc/earc hdmi port?  Also check the sound settings and make sure the sound is set to hdmi arc or whatever TCL uses.

The other option is reset the tv and set it up again with the streambar powered on and plugged into the hdmi arc/earc port.  It should automatically be detected

Cruzs24

Any luck getting this to work? Only time I can hear sound from streambar pro and speakers is when using the streambar to stream shows rather than when I use my firestick. I too am using a tcl Roku tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cruzs24
Thanks for the post.

How are you connecting your Roku Streambar to your Roku TV? In addition, how are your audio products connected? Are you connecting your Roku Streambar to the HDMI ARC port?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  I have a streambar and two speakers.  I have a LG tv with web OS, but the problem happens even when I am just trying to listen to iHeart radio, through the ROKU architecture.  Speakers work great but nothing from the expensive streambar.  This is almost always the case when I am watching video directly through webOS as well.  However, once or twice, I have randomly had the streambar kick in and provide sound.  This usually happens after I accidentally exit the show and restart it.  Same show, same OS, same equipment, same ARC hdmi setup but voila - sound works.  Go figure... 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.