Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gleen41

Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

I recently noticed that the sound from my Roku Streambar had good dialogue volume but when I watch movies like Thor: Ragnarok which plays music in the movie, I notice the vocals in the song are really quiet. I have tried everything from messing with the Roku sound setting, to the actual tv sound settings and still the vocals sound really low in the music but the dialogue from the actors talking are loud and clear. Anyone else have this problem?

13 REPLIES 13
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

Is there an audio setting with the movie?  If not, the issue may be with the movie.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
smsmith42
Reel Rookie

I am also having this issue. It isn't on just one movie or show. If the show has a musical moment where there is singing and music it's almost as if the streambar has that come out the back of the speaker while speaking comes directly out the front. It is rather jarring and makes it impossible to hear the song/singing.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @smsmith42

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We're here to help. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
smsmith42
Reel Rookie

Should I PM ot just post in this thread?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @smsmith42,

Thanks for the question,

If you feel more comfortable providing this information in a PM (private message), please feel free to send me a PM and I can further assist you.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

I have the same issue, anything with Music in it the sound goes low. I have tried every combination of settings, fiddled with the TV sound settings also and no luck. I would love to have it set up on the ARC HDMI port of my TV, but still anything that would have music playing would be low.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mazz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mazz
Roku Guru

Hi Danny, My issue is anytime music is played in a movie or tv show on youtube the volume goes low to a point i have to raise the volume from 16 to 50 to hear the music. I have changed HDMI wires, i have tried all sound settings in various configurations on Roku and my Toshiba TV. I would like to set up the Strembar on my TV's ARC INPUT but anytime music is played on any device that goes through the Streambar the music parts are too low to hear. My Model Streambar is 9101CA...Serial YL00HA644106..Software build 11.0.0 4192-95..Device ID 2C114H644106. Any suggestions would be great.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mazz

Thanks for providing us with your details.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos