Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewInThe417
Reel Rookie

Stream bar pro surround sounds makes popping noise

I have an Onn Roku TV and Roku Streambar Pro with a Roku Wireless Subwoofer and two Roku TV Wireless Speakers. I've had these for two years now and just recently the speakers will randomly make a popping noise it will happen in one speaker at a time and is completely random. I have completely reset the stream bar to manufacturer setting as well and resetting the sound settings to manufacturer defaults on the TV. I have replaced the HDMI cable as well that is plugged into the eArc port on the TV. Nothing has seemed to work.

Any suggestions on what to do? 

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stream bar pro surround sounds makes popping noise

Hi @DrewInThe417,

Thanks for the report and welcome to the Roku Community!

We have flagged the appropriate team about this issue recently and they're looking into this. We'd like to update them on this and provide the prior information.

If you see this popping noise coming up again, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrewInThe417
Reel Rookie

Model: G814x-roku tv

Serial number: x012009k52v5 (s0dm618k52v5)

Software version: 12.5.0 * Build 4176-ct

Gc version: 10.2.518

Time stamp: 2023-11-30t03:44:32z

Issue id: v5-479-744

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DrewInThe417,
We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!
We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. Once more information is available, we will update this thread.
We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can do to help, and we'll continue assisting you at any time. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issues and now I'm getting a warning about my HDMI cable that's flagged across the screen. My unplugged the power as it suggested the message gone away but I'm still getting the random popping sounds. I've got subwoofer two front speakers, two rear speakers and then the main bar. I'll provide any other information if needed

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @snakedocter1958,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for letting us know about this experience about this issue.

Our team is currently looking into this case. In addition, please also share with us the details requested once you experience this issue again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angelocus

I have had the same issue, when I go to the menu and do a reboot it stops for a week or so. It seems like some apps will stay running in the background and eat up resonances.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Angelocus,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding this. Our team has already been alerted, and we are investigating the cause at this time.

In order for us to update them on this, we would appreciate it if you could also give us the same information that was asked for.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emife2006
Reel Rookie

Hola, tengo el mismo problema desde hace varios días.

El problemas está utilizando como de costumbre la salida HDMIarc.

Utilizo TCL R635, Streambar pro, Wirless bass pro y los 4 altavoces. (El 5.1 completo)

El estallido no está presente en las siguientes configuraciones:
*Con el cable óptico (pero se deben utilizar 2 controles) 
*Usando el streambar pro como emisor (pero la calidad de imagen es peor)
*solo con 2 altavoces y subwoofer conectados directamente al tv

Saludos!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @emife2006 

We appreciate your communication with the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your report with us on this. We regret to inform you that the Roku Community is limited to English support. To better comprehend your problem, we will have to utilize Google Translation.

Your complaint has already been forwarded to the relevant Roku team. Could you please also let us know the device's serial number? From there, we'll be in a position to help.

Kindly update us!

With regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos