Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chidude
Reel Rookie

Re: Strange Dolby/+ issue on TCL 6 series

I am having the exact same problem described by @noah82, with a TCL Series 5 2020 that randomly shifts to stereo-only about once a day. I have a Sonos ARC, ATV 4K, and a Sony x700. I’ve tried disabling the menu sound and activated quick start (both mentioned elsewhere as possible solutions) to no avail. I’ve also read the suggestion to turn off sound leveling, but that command is not available on the TV. 

0 Kudos
Mrswart
Reel Rookie

I also am having this issue. 55R635, Apple TV, and Sonos Arc. Audio sometimes starts as Stereo PCM, and the tv has to be restarted to get things working again. Super annoying to have to pause a show and reset everything to get audio working. 

0 Kudos
Tbrew11
Reel Rookie

Thank you for adding the photos Noah!

I'm in the exact same boat, this wasn't an issue when the TV was purchased but there was an update released between July and December 2021 that broke the eARC functionality. Whenever my TCL goes to sleep, it does not wake the soundbar up with eARC resulting in the audio reverting back to Stereo.

This is a major annoyance since sometimes you don't realize until you are already into the show and have a moment of "wait why does this sound bad". I believe this is a widespread issue but it's likely that a lot of TCL owners aren't using anything above a Stereo setup so this isn't something they'd catch on to. 

TCL is insisting on carrying out a repair on the TV which has been frustrating as it's an obvious software issue happening across multiple models, I'd love if this could be fixed by Roku but I've given up hope having to go through this pain for nearly a year now, it has completely ruined the experience of owning this TV. 

Mrswart
Reel Rookie

I was able to 'reset' the HDMI connection last night by refreshing the CEC list last night, which changed the connection back to Dolby from Stereo PCM. This is an improvement to restarting the TV, but still a huge hassle and something I'll eventually replace the TV over unless we get a fix.

0 Kudos
noah82
Channel Surfer

I do the same to fix it.  It fixes it most of the time but sometimes I have to do a complete reboot to fix it.  Either way it is extremely annoying to keep having to do this on a daily basis.

0 Kudos
noah82
Channel Surfer

Are there any Roku/TCL employees monitoring this thread?  This is clearly a widespread issue that will need attention from the development team to resolve.  TCL is clearly clueless on the issue, so this will need to be addressed by Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noah82
Channel Surfer

Danny,

I just sent you a PM with the requested info.  It was good timing since it just happened again this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Mrswart
Reel Rookie

I apologize, but I am no longer able to supply this information as I’ve sold the TV and moved on to a different manufacturer. Sorry I can’t help any more!

0 Kudos
chidude
Reel Rookie

I also sent the requested info in a private message, Danny. Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos