Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Granny64
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

my cache is squeaky clean, multiple, multiple times

Roku gets EVERYTHING else right - EXCEPT Spotify

0 Kudos
Darth_Cup
Reel Rookie

On your computer, you will have the same option to choose a device. They must be on the same network.

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

???

0 Kudos
jglenn916
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Hi danny i been having the same issue for well over  6 months. I have done all your steps in order. i removed the app / system restart/ added it back. and nothing still black screen. my software is up to date  i even did a factory reset to original settings. still same issue when i launch it goes to black screen. this is the only app i have had issues with. can we look into this further please. my tv info...

onn model 10012586 

software 11.5.0 build4312-dp

harware CE09X

SERIAL NUMBER X00000R5DL8J

DEVICE ID SOF7C195DL8J

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

"...choose a device from computer", when Roku is hooked up to tv NOT on the 'puter??? 

i dunno how tv works in your place, but in mine you walk over to the tv, switch it on, and then do the multi-remote juggle to view DVDs or view Roku... period...

the Roku is plugged into wifi, but that's it... i have no control while on the 'puter in the living room with what my non-cable tv is receiving over the Roku... 

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

me2, jglenn916... me 2... it's just a bloody nuisance on my Roku... 😞

0 Kudos
jglenn916
Reel Rookie

Granny64 what he meant by that was when u log into spotify on your computer. when you play a song and u see the song info bar, there is a button that has images that look like devices, when you click on that it should typically show any wifi connected device thay would connect to Spotify. In your case the Roku device. When u click on that it should then connect your music to the device the Roku is connected into. My phone won't even locate the TV and when I use laptop or even daughter's iPhone it won't as well. so that situation won't help me. But it may help u for a workaround your issue. That's if your using WiFi. 

If your not using WiFi and have a direct connection. From your internet modem/internet box into your TV then that situation won't apply since it's not connected to same wifi network 

0 Kudos
cc123
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Spotify not opening on my Roku TV

this is simply a shortcut hack...

works great, but remember your Spotify subscription is Private and your Spotify Privacy acceptance.

0 Kudos