Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoutronic

Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

I removed the Spotify app on my TV, restarted the Roku system on my TV, then added the app back in to my TV. And I still don't have access to Spotify. This happened after my Phone updated. Something got reset in a way that blocks it, and I can't find the problem.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Granny64
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

same thing happened here, 'cept my phone does not do apps... it's pc and Roku for me...

Spotify asked me to update my player a few days ago, and ever since then i cant open Spotify on Roku... 

0 Kudos
amynrobby
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

I've updated both TV and Spotify. I've uninstalled did the restart and reinstalled, still isn't working. Help please! I love my music and this brand new TV won't let me open Spotify. It makes a click sounds and stays on the screensaver screen and won't let u hit any buttons except menu or volume. Can't find app on home screen after installing it either. 

0 Kudos
Darth_Cup
Reel Rookie

After you try to login on the TV, go to your smart phone and open the spotify app. Select the device you want to play on (your TV) and it should get past that. That is how I solved that problem

0 Kudos
Handel
Reel Rookie

Clear the cache, check for update and reset your Roku.. 

0 Kudos
amynrobby
Reel Rookie

I tried and it won't show on my phone as a device, ie the TV. 

0 Kudos
amynrobby
Reel Rookie

Did this, still won't work.

0 Kudos
amynrobby
Reel Rookie

The app won't even open on the TV. I click open channel and it glitches the screen and stays on the background pic and won't allow me to push any buttons except the power key or home key. 

0 Kudos
Darth_Cup
Reel Rookie

When I was having this problem, I deleted the app and reinstalled. Then when trying to start, it would hang. I then opened my phone and saw that it was one of the devices available. Choosing it forced the app to push through the hang and start on the TV.

0 Kudos
Granny64
Binge Watcher

y'all are speaking Greek... i have ONE tv (not on cable) with ONE ROKU device hanging from it...

my flip phone does NOT do anything but enable me - a real mush-mouth - to SPEAK to my nearest and dearest, and TEXT otherwise; it does NOT allow apps;

i sign IN to Spotify on my pc

no way to sign IN to Spotify through Roku - AT ALL

0 Kudos